PayPal "Proceed with payment" email ?

Posted 15th Dec 2019
I think.... I've just ordered some photo frames from wilko, I've paid via PayPal to have the delivered to store....
I've got the email order confirmation from wilko
I've got the PayPal receipt email

Then this pops up about 5 minutes later in my inbox...
3364556-Hed0i.jpgI'm confused now, has my payment gone to wilko or not?
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Simplest thing to do is check your PayPal account.
After you paid via the Paypal website, were you redirected back to Wilko?

Depending on the retailer you can get redirected back to the retaillers site to complete / confirm your purchase.
psychedelicrenegade15/12/2019 09:10

After you paid via the Paypal website, were you redirected back to …After you paid via the Paypal website, were you redirected back to Wilko?Depending on the retailer you can get redirected back to the retaillers site to complete / confirm your purchase.

Yep. This is what usually happens. I've never had a company Email me later to confirm an order, or from Paypal to give my final blessing? Something seems a bit fishy about this - or should that read "phishy" ?!? Saying that, I've never ordered from Wilko online so who knows. Best hope someone else who has comes on here and can confirm/deny. I certainly wouldn't click ANY link until I can verify for sure.

By the way OP, don't Wilko charge you to collect from store now? I take it they didn't have stock at your local?
Edited by: "Phsycronix" 15th Dec 2019
Phsycronix15/12/2019 09:23

Yep. This is what usually happens. I've never had a company Email me later …Yep. This is what usually happens. I've never had a company Email me later to confirm an order, or from Paypal to give my final blessing? Something seems a bit fishy about this - or should that read "phishy" ?!? Saying that, I've never ordered from Wilko online so who knows. Best hope someone else who has comes on here and can confirm/deny. I certainly wouldn't click ANY link until I can verify for sure.By the way OP, don't Wilko charge you to collect from store now? I take it they didn't have stock at your local?

So the money was taken, checked my PayPal, I just don't get why this email comes 5 minutes later with, it makes no sense

No charge for click and collect over £30, it's £2 for under £30

Honestly can't remember if they redirected me back to the wilko site or not but since the order has gone through it still doesn't explain this email.... Or possibly I'm getting old and cranky and this is the new way the Internet works now and I'm not woke or something
Would it not have been quicker to email Wilko and /or PayPal?
You're really no further forward for asking on here, but you have wasted time.
Douglas_Birks15/12/2019 09:32

So the money was taken, checked my PayPal, I just don't get why this email …So the money was taken, checked my PayPal, I just don't get why this email comes 5 minutes later with, it makes no senseNo charge for click and collect over £30, it's £2 for under £30Honestly can't remember if they redirected me back to the wilko site or not but since the order has gone through it still doesn't explain this email.... Or possibly I'm getting old and cranky and this is the new way the Internet works now and I'm not woke or something

Thanks for clearing up the 'charge' thing.

As for your problem, I don't know. If you've had confirmation from all the concerned parties, then there's not much point to that Email. I've never had a transaction NOT ping back to the retailer after Paypal as they always finish with their "Thanks" page/message/confirmation.

When do you collect your order?
Do they Email you when it's ready?
Could you call ahead to ask if they definitely have your order for processing?
Ringfinger15/12/2019 09:36

Would it not have been quicker to email Wilko and /or PayPal?You're …Would it not have been quicker to email Wilko and /or PayPal?You're really no further forward for asking on here, but you have wasted time.

But they've also had a chance to get a "Gold" Flamedeer! Don't forget that...
Douglas_Birks15/12/2019 09:32

So the money was taken, checked my PayPal, I just don't get why this email …So the money was taken, checked my PayPal, I just don't get why this email comes 5 minutes later with, it makes no senseNo charge for click and collect over £30, it's £2 for under £30Honestly can't remember if they redirected me back to the wilko site or not but since the order has gone through it still doesn't explain this email.... Or possibly I'm getting old and cranky and this is the new way the Internet works now and I'm not woke or something

If the money has been taken from your account and you have an order confirmation, I would leave as is.

The only time I can think of receiving and email to confirm a purchase is if you add items to your basket, but don't check out or leave the site without completing your purchase. Any email usually comes from the retailer 'Hello such and such, you seem to have left some items in your basket. Come back to complete your purchase'...
On the "Paypal Community" page, there are 19 others who seem to have had this issue (since 01 Dec) and no official word from Paypal about it. One person suggests just leaving it, as when they clicked on the link (not a clever thing to do really) it pinged them back to the retailer - with nothing to do. Another said it tried to ask them to pay again.

Unless your photo frames are uber-urgent, I think I'd leave it for now and let things take there course. At some point, you'll hear from someone...
PayPal is playing up this morning, it took me five times to connect to pay on eBay. But check your PayPal account and transactions should be shown there
Sometimes, I get a text message from PayPal to confirm the payment. Respond with 1 to confirm, otherwise 2.

If PayPal doesn't have your mobile number, then maybe they are asking for authorisation via email?
Did you dither when making the order, something might have timed out in PayPal's site and although you completed the purchase, the email was already set in motion.
Do you know how to check if the email and the link are genuine?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions