Paypal query about sending money in a different currency

5 replies
Found 12th May 2008
Hello,

Ive seen a deal i would like to buy from dealextreme, and will be paying via paypal in US Dollars.

Since im in the UK, and my account is pounds sterling - will i have to pay paypal some fees for this transaction?

Im sure in the past i purchased something in dollars, and paypal took a fee to do so.

Thanks in advance for any help

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
5 Comments

There's no fee to send the money, however PayPal uses it's own exchange rate which isn't as good as the actual exchange rate.

when you purchase from dealextreme via paypal, paypal converts the amount into your currencey (at its own exchange rate) and tells you how much before you get all the way through to the end

Original Poster

Thanks for the info guys

I've always found Paypal's exchange rate to be slightly below the Post office rate at the time. (which usually only works out to a couple of pence)

Original Poster

The order totalled $6.80, and the converted rate i paid was £3.59 according to paypal - seems pretty good for 2 snoppy watches!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition66720
    2. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…11
    3. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43

See more discussions