Paypal question

Found 3rd Apr
If i put money into my own paypal account will it credit straight away?

also if I have credit in my paypal do i still get charged currency conversion fee when making purchase in US Dollars .

thanks to anyone that can help with these questions.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
9 Comments
As far as I know it used to take a few days for the money to appear in your PayPal account.

You'll still get charged currency conversion fees.
If your buying stuff in a different currency use revolut
jpoolfitz20 m ago

This.

Currently $1.4051 - £1 on Revolut.

But in answer to the original question, funds normally appear in PayPal account after 4/5 days, unsure about the conversion fee, but you will almost certainly get a lower rate of exchange than is available elsewhere.

edited to add; just checked and currently its $1.36707 - £1 on PayPal.
Edited by: "andynicol" 3rd Apr
You'll be charged foreign currency conversion fees regardless of the funding source.

The time for funds to become available depends on the approach followed to add them to your account. A direct debit transfer (where PayPal request the money from your bank (at your instruction) typically takes about a week. If instead you initiate the transfer with a Faster Payment from your bank, it can be completed within minutes.
jpoolfitz3 h, 32 m ago

A decent option, certainly better than accepting PayPal's conversion rates, but better still would be a fee-free credit card such as Halifax's Clarity.
Edited by: "Illusionary" 3rd Apr
Yes they credit within a couple of hours
Original Poster
thanks guys may sign up to starling bank as no fee when buying in US Dollars
Original Poster
quick question is the currency fee added in the final price you pay before confirming a paypal purchase. or after?
Switchy873 h, 46 m ago

quick question is the currency fee added in the final price you pay before …quick question is the currency fee added in the final price you pay before confirming a paypal purchase. or after?

There is no 'currency fee', the actual fee is the bad exchange rate you get.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants