Groups

Paypal Question

Hi all

Im selling a couple of items online and someone said he will take one and will pay via paypal, a couple of hours later this person responded to the other item for sale not realising it was me wanting to buy it and said would pay via paypal too, now i have recieved an email supposadly from paypal saying he has paid but when i go to my account there is nothing there. Now ive seen this trick before but then on the bottom of the email there is a little paragraph saying you will not get the money until you provide a tracking number to paypal, my question is since i havent used paypal for a while is this a new thing they have brought in or would you say this is just another con

Cheers

12 Comments

Never seen anything like this in a genuine paypal email. I would say scam.

Original Poster

Thats what im thinking, why would you have to ship then send paypal a tracking number doesnt make sense

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;5878086

No it's the 21 day hold, which pp do on transactions they deem high risk … No it's the 21 day hold, which pp do on transactions they deem high risk although the transaction should still show in your paypal account, but as pending, so if the transaction is not apparant in your account at all when you log in it's a spoof email, report it as such, scan your PC and change your passwords.If the transaction is there but no funds, it's the 21 day hold you would of been warned before lisitng, most just don't read it;-)

Never heard of that, but as soon as i recieved the supposed email i checked the account and there was nothing at all there so it must be a scam

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;5878106

No not necessarily.Read the t&c's in pp, the 21 day hold, there is … No not necessarily.Read the t&c's in pp, the 21 day hold, there is warning that comes up before you complete every listing too, like I say most just skip over it:)It's to stop scammers rinsing their account, any transaction they deem high risk, they hold just in case.

Also would this still apply as it is nothing to do with ebay??

Original Poster

Deffo fake then how do i report it?

Original Poster

Also ive got a supposed address in london to post to shall i report this?

If this is nothing to do with ebay then its 100% scam. even then you'd know if it was paypal holding the cash for 21 Don't anything and if its a forum with mods etc then let them know about the user.

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;5878191

[email protected] now scan your whole pc and change all pp/ebay passwords … [email protected] now scan your whole pc and change all pp/ebay passwords to be safe.

Im on a works computer so i belive there is multiple protection (i hope)

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;5878240

Still change your passwords:thumbsup:

Will do many thanks for you help

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;5878334

No worries, sure fire way to check as you did, look at your transaction … No worries, sure fire way to check as you did, look at your transaction history always, that will tell you the truth;-)

Cheers For the help have some rep :thumbsup:

scammerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

OP, on your paypal account, was there no new transaction shown?

If genuine payment was made, even though paypal may hold the money - and your paypal balance wouldn't change until buyer's positive feedback, there will still will be a record of the payment.

If indeed there was no record indicating incoming balance, then best to report it immediately. L)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3966
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions