Groups

Paypal Scam

Just had a email from "[email protected]" saying a payment of $99.99 was being made on my behalf to someone in USA. Bottom of page was a button saying "If you think this is a fraudulant payment please click here" So I did and guess what? ...................
    There was a page to enter all your bank details I.E. Account No, Credit card Numbers,
    PIN Number, Telephone number, Date Of Birth,
    So I Rang Paypal and had a very nice chat to a lady called Alice who told me to forward the email to Paypal and delete it and to ignore any further emails, as if a payment was taken out of your account by fraud then the repayment would be paid BACK into your PayPal account and they would never ask for your bank details in an email.

See post later for copy of email

22 Comments

paypay?

Original Poster

woops Pay Pal
    Sorry

can you give me the number for paypal. thanx:thumbsup:

fern;1765310

woops Pay Pal Sorry

:oops::thumbsup:

Original Poster

Teqnophile;1765348

can you give me the number for paypal. thanx:thumbsup:

08707 307191 :thumbsup:

I had similar email , any one asking for your log in, account details are dodgey..
    They take you to Ghost sites.

Original Poster

pcnutta;1765369

I had similar email , any one asking for your log in, account details are … I had similar email , any one asking for your log in, account details are dodgey..They take you to Ghost sites.

Paypal also asked me to forward it to them on [EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL] so will keep that address in address book from now on

I have recently had an email asking for all my banking details, passwords etc from "nationwide" and ""halifax" neither of which do I bank with!

Original Poster

bitseylango;1765381

I have recently had an email asking for all my anking details, passwords … I have recently had an email asking for all my anking details, passwords etc from "nationwide" and ""halifax" neither of which do I bank with!

Had them last week on my works email so rang and was given a email address to forward them on to. Its on my address book in work will post in on here on Tuesday when back in.:thumbsup:

fern;1765379

Paypal also asked me to forward it to them on … Paypal also asked me to forward it to them on [EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL] so will keep that address in address book from now on

Youve done it again paypay!!!!!

emasu;1765306

paypay?

has anybody got the number of palpal?

Original Poster

harlzter;1765425

Youve done it again paypay!!!!!

B*GG*R IT :oops:
    Thats my wifes fault she keeps talking to me as I'm typing and I'm a man I can't do two things at the same time

bitseylango;1765381

I have recently had an email asking for all my banking details, passwords … I have recently had an email asking for all my banking details, passwords etc from "nationwide" and ""halifax" neither of which do I bank with!

Scarey isnt it, some people not so wise ( mainly older people) would think nothing of giving the details.

Original Poster

thing is they look so real !

Yeah they do, good job were all * net wise *

make sure you guys & gals set up an email phising filter, helps block all this ****

Original Poster

sunil1234;1765509

make sure you guys & gals set up an email phising filter, helps block all … make sure you guys & gals set up an email phising filter, helps block all this ****

any help in doing this? :thumbsup:

fern;1765517

any help in doing this? :thumbsup:

http://mfinley.com/gif/sledgehammer.jpg

knock yourself out mate.

bitseylango;1765381

I have recently had an email asking for all my banking details, passwords … I have recently had an email asking for all my banking details, passwords etc from "nationwide" and ""halifax" neither of which do I bank with!

i have had quite a few of these over the last 2 weeks

Banned

me to ive had 4 two in 3 days says that someones filed a paypal claim against me for non payment respond now

Original Poster

Copy of the email I had today
    as you can see VERY CLEVER
    http://v1324.managedvps.de/include/template/templates_c/top.gif[COLOR=#666666]Dear FernXXX XXXX[/COLOR]http://v1324.managedvps.de/include/template/templates_c/low.gif

yea get that alot, junk emails askin for password confirm, details confirmations of natwest and woolwich wen i aint even with any of them banks. those sad ppl who sit on their arses all day creatin these scams shud die quitely
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846285
      2. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1739
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764502
      4. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2227

See more discussions