Found 24th Nov 2016
Hello. My partner just received an Email from PayPal saying that a transaction has gone out at £50. it also says that it will take a while to show up in the app. There is a log in address link, but I'm sure it's a scam as none of the small links within work. anybody else had this?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
9 Comments

If you want to go on to your paypal account always log in from scratch, never follow a link, also if paypal does send you any correspondence they always use your name not dear paypal member etc

Please remove the link so no one else clicks on it
Why did your partner not just log into Paypal and see if the transactions in there (ie: web login)
As far as I know, transactions are usually instant on PP, just bank accounts might have a delay showing the money leaving

It's a phishing email, ignore it.

[quote][If you want to go on to your paypal account always log in from scratch, never follow a link, also if paypal does send you any correspondence they always use your name not dear paypal member etc/quote]

This ↑

PayPal & all other reputable financial companies will always ask you to log in separately, NEVER via a link in an email

ALWAYS from a fresh browser - if possible a different pc/laptop/mobile from the one you got email initially from..
log in make sure its on the paypal secure site - DO NOT use links or even bookmarks - type the address in
it most likely is a scam - you can always phone paypal direct and query a transaction!

Genuine email will always address you by your name as opposed to dear sir or dear youremailaddress.. dont click on any link unless it identifies you by name...
Also the email address should be something from end with @paypal.com as opposed to anything else
Edited by: "urgurinder" 24th Nov 2016

PayPal always address their emails to the named account holder, so "John Smith" rather than "Dear PayPal customer" (for example). It should be easy enough to verify whether it is genuine by logging into your account (from scratch, don't use a link) and if you think it is a scam, forward it "[email protected]" where their fraud department will check it out.

I've been receiving a lot of these recently, some looking quite authentic giving me full details, including the delivery address of the person who's supposed to have paid out for designer dresses using my PayPal account. I was worried until I signed in, NOT using the link provided and confirmed that there had been no such activity. I think this is a very common scam.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769663
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428814681
    3. Win Xbox with Doritos 7 day code34
    4. The Walking Dead Thread (opinion, spoilers Rumors)74575

See more discussions