PayPal scam

Posted 30th Sep
Another PayPal scam. People please don't fall for it because i know a person who did after a few minutes bank was calling and saying that with your details somebody tried to buy something on the web but it was blocked not all banks do that. What appears to be a legit link is actually a fake web page and you have to retype all your PayPal details there. PayPal would never do that. Here's a picture my buddy sent to me.
[image]
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
And they fell for that
19 Comments
38578228-cdlMx.jpg
And they fell for that
PayPal is asking for my I.d because I spent/sold £1,500 in this year! Iv still refused to do that.
surely you just access your PayPal through own link and check?
Misslovely30/09/2019 16:23

PayPal is asking for my I.d because I spent/sold £1,500 in this year! Iv …PayPal is asking for my I.d because I spent/sold £1,500 in this year! Iv still refused to do that.

Thats different i have been there a few years back. You will be asked to scan a photo iD of yourself and proof of address I was sceptical and refused a long time until one day my funds were frozen until i contacted PayPal myself and still had to give them my photo id.. But i triple checked that everything is legit and i am on the real web page and the phone number is legit.
Edited by: "Pisnahuj" 30th Sep
fearona30/09/2019 16:00

And they fell for that

Yep. A lot of foreigners fall for this type of scam because they think its legit.
I know another popular scam that is still around and very popular. Selling car cheaper from Scotland or expensive breed dogs/cats. They send you pictures and so on have a good communication skills and try to sell you with out going to see the (item) because it is so far away like literally top of the map. They offer you to arrange cheap (known)... delivery company to specific time and location send you papers over post and so on they even give you last mot paper that has been altered on pc, nice pictures a good story that even for me for a split second looked like a legit story. Until they say they aren't able to meet you no matter how you tried. This is becoming increasingly popular. When i called the scam investigation company that deal with things like these they were surprised that we haven't felt for it and even though we had a lot of emails to show they said they won't do anything about it because we were not victims of a cyber crime. I even agreed to invest my time and money and try to lure the scumbags in some trap because they think we were on the hook as we just carried to play along... they were not interested
AMaky30/09/2019 16:28

surely you just access your PayPal through own link and check?

You just open PayPal with your app or your own link on browser yes but don't open any message links..
If people fall for that I can only imagine them having their work cut out by just looking at their emails.
deleted733638
Misslovely30/09/2019 16:23

PayPal is asking for my I.d because I spent/sold £1,500 in this year! Iv …PayPal is asking for my I.d because I spent/sold £1,500 in this year! Iv still refused to do that.

I think that just ups your limits doesn’t it? I remember having to do this a few years back but it was legit
deleted73363830/09/2019 16:47

I think that just ups your limits doesn’t it? I remember having to do this …I think that just ups your limits doesn’t it? I remember having to do this a few years back but it was legit

Does it have anything to do with selling only?
The limit shouldn't be on buying and selling. Iv spent few hundreds on PayPal gift payments so I wonder if they include that.

I spose they send info to tax man
deleted733638
Misslovely30/09/2019 17:04

Does it have anything to do with selling only? The limit shouldn't be on …Does it have anything to do with selling only? The limit shouldn't be on buying and selling. Iv spent few hundreds on PayPal gift payments so I wonder if they include that. I spose they send info to tax man

They forced me to become a business seller when I sold quite a few things at a certain time but if I remember rightly (it was ages ago) it upped how much I could withdraw from PayPal monthly
Misslovely30/09/2019 17:04

Does it have anything to do with selling only? The limit shouldn't be on …Does it have anything to do with selling only? The limit shouldn't be on buying and selling. Iv spent few hundreds on PayPal gift payments so I wonder if they include that. I spose they send info to tax man

I think spending is ok i don't see any problems spending thousands on PayPal in a years time. Receiving money on the others hand must be an issue. I had to stop selling as much on ebay to avoid business PayPal account and had to split it on two ebay and PayPal accounts to get even less attention. I think when they legitimately ask for proof of id(remember this is a scam post not to mix up) it's nothing to do with a tax man it must be more likely to keep the record about you if you maybe sell something illegal or (money laundering) and PayPal as company gets dragged in to it.
Pisnahuj30/09/2019 17:35

I think spending is ok i don't see any problems spending thousands on …I think spending is ok i don't see any problems spending thousands on PayPal in a years time. Receiving money on the others hand must be an issue. I had to stop selling as much on ebay to avoid business PayPal account and had to split it on two ebay and PayPal accounts to get even less attention. I think when they legitimately ask for proof of id(remember this is a scam post not to mix up) it's nothing to do with a tax man it must be more likely to keep the record about you if you maybe sell something illegal or (money laundering) and PayPal as company gets dragged in to it.

Ah thanks. Iv opened another PayPal instead and sell on there.
Misslovely30/09/2019 17:50

Ah thanks. Iv opened another PayPal instead and sell on there.

Make sure to use different bank account/payment card details. Even if you submit ID to PayPal they still may ban you, random decisions very common with them.
Ah yes, PayPal.icu/n. Looks legit
jamie1530/09/2019 18:28

Make sure to use different bank account/payment card details. Even if you …Make sure to use different bank account/payment card details. Even if you submit ID to PayPal they still may ban you, random decisions very common with them.

Yes or make and use partners account
Edited by: "Pisnahuj" 30th Sep
I had one from PayPal letting me know I had received an unexpected refund from an old account and that I had to verify my account by sending over my bank account details. I had no reason to doubt it so I sent the details across. It was over a month ago now and I've still not heard anything from PayPal confirming the money has cleared.

I'm gonna be emailing PayPal to complain though if it's not finalised by next week.
bbfb12330/09/2019 21:14

I had one from PayPal letting me know I had received an unexpected refund …I had one from PayPal letting me know I had received an unexpected refund from an old account and that I had to verify my account by sending over my bank account details. I had no reason to doubt it so I sent the details across. It was over a month ago now and I've still not heard anything from PayPal confirming the money has cleared. I'm gonna be emailing PayPal to complain though if it's not finalised by next week.

I would just call PayPal to confirm before i send anything.Give them a ring and ask was it actually true!? Or did you sent the details to bad guys? I know that there are people receiving confirmation message on phone but they don't even have PayPal account on their name.
Some people shouldn't be allowed on the Internet. Hate that the banks have now pledged to reimburse the idiots who fall for these scams. Just means we all end up paying for their stupidity.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants