Paypal - Seller denying receipt of returned item

Posted 17th Jun 2020
Hi,

I returned an item purchased through PayPal on a sellers website over 2 weeks ago. I have proof of postage but didn’t pay for tracked delivery, however thr seller is stating they’ve not received the returned item. I appreciate that things do get lost in the post, but where do i stand? Have i just lost the money? Would PayPal or royal mail be able to help?

thanks

Dan
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Not so much seller is denying receipt of parcel, he is confirming he has not received it.
16 Comments
Did you use the PayPal return label?
Was it sent as a parcel Second or first class ? If so there is a tracking code on the receipt to show delivery.

Surely you kept the receipt?
Edited by: "ashmac" 17th Jun
If it’s lost, I believe unless it’s special delivery the most you can claim is £20. I could be wrong but I think that’s the case.
If you have proof of postage you can claim up to £20 from royal mail
Edited by: "jb66" 17th Jun
Escalate for PayPal review
I wouldn't worry just yet if it was sent by Royal snail, I've recently had 2 parcels take over a fortnight to arrive that were actually posted by the 48hr service.
Not so much seller is denying receipt of parcel, he is confirming he has not received it.
You can raise a claim with Royal Mail if at least 10 working days have passed from the expected delivery date.
I used a 2nd class RM return label that a seller provided me with. I send it back in the 5/6/20 and that’s them just received it today a week & half later. I was concerned I contacted PayPal who suggested to open a claim with them
Compensation list:
postoffice.co.uk/mai…ged

Info from Citizen's Advice:
citizensadvice.org.uk/con…st/

Quick overview if it was just sent standard First Class:

How much you can get: You could get compensation of either:

• £20
  • the value of the item (if it’s worth less than £20)
You can get also get a full refund of the postage cost.

When you can claim You can claim 11 working days after the item was posted.

You must claim within 80 days from the date the item was posted.
Edited by: "Phsycronix" 17th Jun
Cece1217/06/2020 12:22

I used a 2nd class RM return label that a seller provided me with.

Does'nt that not make the seller the party who has made the 'contract' with Royal Mail therefore there's only him who can make any claim with them.
paulj4817/06/2020 12:58

Does'nt that not make the seller the party who has made the 'contract' …Does'nt that not make the seller the party who has made the 'contract' with Royal Mail therefore there's only him who can make any claim with them.

Thats not the OP though.
fearona17/06/2020 14:07

Thats not the OP though.

That's my point, if the op's not the one purchased the postage then he can't claim via RM. He said the seller paid for the postage.
paulj4817/06/2020 14:11

That's my point, if the op's not the one purchased the postage then he …That's my point, if the op's not the one purchased the postage then he can't claim via RM. He said the seller paid for the postage.

Where OP say seller paid postage?

41124498-hG6u0.jpg

Maybe getting mixed up with this poster
Cece1217/06/2020 12:22

I used a 2nd class RM return label that a seller provided me with. I send …I used a 2nd class RM return label that a seller provided me with. I send it back in the 5/6/20 and that’s them just received it today a week & half later. I was concerned I contacted PayPal who suggested to open a claim with them

Edited by: "fearona" 17th Jun
paulj4817/06/2020 14:11

That's my point, if the op's not the one purchased the postage then he …That's my point, if the op's not the one purchased the postage then he can't claim via RM. He said the seller paid for the postage.

Its somebody else on the thread who had a pre-paid label
You get free returns with Paypal anyway up to £15 paypal.com/uk/…rns
Silly not to buy tracking when you get your postage paid back to you. You could've sent your parcel special delivery by 1PM next day if you wanted.
Edited by: "I_Wish" 17th Jun
Post a comment
@
    Text