Groups

Paypal seller protection - question

Please read this:

11.6 Eligibility Requirements

What are the eligibility requirements for PayPal seller protection?

You must meet all of these requirements to be covered:

The item purchased must be a physical, tangible good that can be posted.
    The transaction must be marked by PayPal as eligible or partially eligible for seller protection on your Account Transaction Details page.
    If it is marked eligible, protection for both Unauthorised Payments and Item Not Received will apply. If it is marked partially eligible, protection for only Item Not Received will apply.
    Items sold on eBay will be marked eligible even if the shipping address is marked unconfirmed. Generally, items sold on websites other than eBay will be marked eligible if the shipping address is marked confirmed and partially eligible (that is, eligible for Item Not Received only) if the shipping address is marked unconfirmed.
    Post the item to the shipping address on the Transaction Details page
    You may access the Transactions Details page by logging into your PayPal Account, selecting History and then selecting Details for the transaction.
    Follow the postage requirements described below.
    You must accept a single payment from one PayPal Account for the purchase.
    You must not charge a surcharge for accepting PayPal.
    Respond to PayPals requests for documentation and other information that is reasonably required by _PayPal to investigate the matter in a timely manner.
    Your primary residence, as listed in your PayPal Account, must be in the United Kingdom.

Does this mean if I send to someone with "eligible" seller protection but to an "unconfirmed" address (someone with same surname but not the purchaser) I am protected? Thanks

12 Comments

Confimred addresses aren't neccessary anymore, or so I thought.

I sent a netbook to a user who payed by paypal he later reported that it was an empty box and paypal charged me the money back so this guy got the netbook aswell as the money what can i do? paypal doesnt protect me

kamk21;5266763

I sent a netbook to a user who payed by paypal he later reported that it … I sent a netbook to a user who payed by paypal he later reported that it was an empty box and paypal charged me the money back so this guy got the netbook aswell as the money what can i do? paypal doesnt protect me

thats terrible,some horrible people out there

SABJ;5266771

thats terrible,some horrible people out there

+1 That is terrible, Paypal doesn't protect anything. After that little incident I won't be using paypal again on there. Without going to court I don't think theres anything you can do. I would be phoning up ebay and paypal though and getting them thinking to look at your account past history of sending things and his scamming past.

the porter;5266887

i have just closed down my paypal account never again their seller … i have just closed down my paypal account never again their seller protection policy is shocking no more fees yeehaa!

I use it for paypal gift and its useful there and for sending money. Not a problem, but I wouldn't sell anything large on ebay anymore its just overpriced and full of abusers.:x

Banned

kamk21;5266763

I sent a netbook to a user who payed by paypal he later reported that it … I sent a netbook to a user who payed by paypal he later reported that it was an empty box and paypal charged me the money back so this guy got the netbook aswell as the money what can i do? paypal doesnt protect me

your receipt from rm would show the weight, and i think theres a sligh difference in weight from an empty box to one with a netbook in it

sassie;5266934

your receipt from rm would show the weight, and i think theres a sligh … your receipt from rm would show the weight, and i think theres a sligh difference in weight from an empty box to one with a netbook in it

Good point:thumbsup:

paypal is fair if you set your buyer perferences and check the winning bidders history before sending, click on the # of bids link in the my ebay section then click on the users name and you can check what they have bid on, what the won etc

i wouldn't sell high value on ebay, i sold my pc monitor and got the person to pick up instead of sending, 80% of people on ebay are trustworthy, just some ruin it for others, ebay is a last resort for me

yeah my recipt does show the weight but still they took the money, paypal say there is nothing they can do as it is the credit card company that has done the charge back. this guy had reliable feedback. i emailed ebay they didnt even bother getting back to me. I think i will be closing my account with paypal tooo

kamk21;5269803

yeah my recipt does show the weight but still they took the money, paypal … yeah my recipt does show the weight but still they took the money, paypal say there is nothing they can do as it is the credit card company that has done the charge back. this guy had reliable feedback. i emailed ebay they didnt even bother getting back to me. I think i will be closing my account with paypal tooo

they did a credit card chargeback which i find paypal never ever fight against ..... don't sell goods on ebay :thumbsup: if i sell anything overt £30 it goes courier delivery (if large item) as its more reliable than rm

Original Poster

the porter;5266989

i will just use online bank transfers from now on for sending money it … i will just use online bank transfers from now on for sending money it was handy for certain things but ive had a bellyfull of pp never again.

but don't you then have to show your bank account details? not great to a stranger?

Banned

the porter;5266989

i will just use online bank transfers from now on for sending money it … i will just use online bank transfers from now on for sending money it was handy for certain things but ive had a bellyfull of pp never again.

I think you will find seller protection if you send a bank transfer is a lot less than if you use paypal!

kamk21;5269803

yeah my recipt does show the weight but still they took the money, paypal … yeah my recipt does show the weight but still they took the money, paypal say there is nothing they can do as it is the credit card company that has done the charge back. this guy had reliable feedback. i emailed ebay they didnt even bother getting back to me. I think i will be closing my account with paypal tooo

Take the buyer to small claims court. Credit card companies very rarely reverse a decision. If it had seller protection you could try claiming under that.

fairy;5270462

but don't you then have to show your bank account details? not great to a … but don't you then have to show your bank account details? not great to a stranger?

Apart from set up direct debits (which you would get the money back for, theres not really much anyone can do with them.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions