Groups

Paypal - Selling

If i was to sell via paypal when i get paid will the money go into my bank account or does it stay in paypal balance?

16 Comments

it goes on your paypal balance and u can then transfer to bank acct if u wish

This is very easy to do. It does take a while to end up in your bacnk account though, has been known to take 5 working days!

onlyme23;5799164

it goes on your paypal balance and u can then transfer to bank acct if u … it goes on your paypal balance and u can then transfer to bank acct if u wish

Simple as that :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Okay thank you rep added to both of you.

Don't forget paypal charges apply when receiving money from buyers.

and if you transfer money from paypal to your bank they charge you again if it under 50£ i think

Original Poster

How much do they charge you?

Frankie1;5799460

I sold something on ebay the other week and paypal took approx. 3.45% of the total cost, incl. the shipping cost.....

Frankie1;5799460

Think it's 25p to transfer under £50 to your bank account.

Original Poster

greg_68;5799507

Think it's 25p to transfer under £50 to your bank account.

Thats not too bad how about when you get paid via paypal?

Frankie1;5799715

It's free now to transfer for any amount to bank account,takes about a week though to arrive in bank account.

Think the fees are about 3.4% plus 20 or 25p per transaction.Thats if your buyer going through say eBay checkout.Basically if you take a payment for £10,thats about 50p for Paypal.

If you take a Personal payment,we call it Paypal gift then thats not normally any charges.

Original Poster

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5799850

It's free now to transfer for any amount to bank account,takes about a … It's free now to transfer for any amount to bank account,takes about a week though to arrive in bank account.Think the fees are about 3.4% plus 20 or 25p per transaction.Thats if your buyer going through say eBay checkout.Basically if you take a payment for £10,thats about 50p for Paypal.If you take a Personal payment,we call it Paypal gift then thats not normally any charges.

Does it come off the amount i get in my account or does the buyer pay more ?

Banned

Frankie1;5799715

If i was to sell via paypal when i get paid will the money go into my … If i was to sell via paypal when i get paid will the money go into my bank account or does it stay in paypal balance??

Frankie1;5799715

Frankie1;5799460

Frankie1;5799867

Does it come off the amount i get in my account or does the buyer pay … Does it come off the amount i get in my account or does the buyer pay more ?

Seriously - I'd leave well alone, you'll only get confused - you should invest some time and effort in doing some homework first

Frankie1;5799867

Does it come off the amount i get in my account or does the buyer pay … Does it come off the amount i get in my account or does the buyer pay more ?

It come off the amount the buyer as sent if it's through say eBay checkout,here an example paste from my account below.

Total Amount:
    £2.00 GBP
    Fee amount:
    -£0.27 GBP
    Net amount:
    £1.73 GBP
    Date:
    20 Jul. 2009
    Time:
    09:46:09 BST
    Completed

I took 25p for an item,plus charged £1.75 postage,so Paypal wanted 27p of that.I make sure I get my fees out of the postage,eBay take 10% for ending fees aswell.

Banned

in short - it costs YOU the fees not the buyer

You can also get a PayPal card now which means you can access your money quicker. Transferring the money to the card takes 24 hours and then you can use it either in a hole in a wall or in shops (some fees apply but i suppose it depends on how desperate you are for the money!!)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846287
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …110236
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?31122
      4. New Nintendo 3DS XL – SNES Edition available in UK from October22

See more discussions