Expired

PayPal Service Email

Found 25th Aug 2017
Just received this email from PayPal. For some reason I doubt it’s authenticity but just want to know if anybody else has received same or can possibly advice me on the way forward. Thanks
2774163.jpg
2774163.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Log onto your account directly in your browser and not via this email and if there are issues with your account they will show there.
Whats the address its sent from?
The last email doesn't make sense either, i think its just phishing probably ignore. I dont believe they lock accounts either for not updating the information, and if they did they wouldnt say 24 hours to do so
Also "Mozilla" is misspelt
Expand the email address and read it.

I have had them before, never log onto PayPal via an email link.
Scam emails are easy to spot as they make spelling and grammatical mistakes to put off smart people at the first hurdle so just look for errors or confusing language.
Edited by: "catbeans" 25th Aug 2017
catbeans4 m ago

Scam emails are easy to spot as they make spelling and grammatical …Scam emails are easy to spot as they make spelling and grammatical mistakes to put off smart people at the first hurdle so just look for errors or confusing language.

...or scribbled-out text in the body of the e-mail.

Professional scammers use Tippex...

...on their screen.
@Kojo_Segu:

"For security we need you to update your account information in next step..."

"We recently noticed suspicious login activity on your account and have disputed transactions with credit card..."

Just delete the e-mail (or follow PayPal's advice at the link below). I suspect PayPal's use of the English language is better than this.

:w w w . p a y p a l . c o m /us/webapps/mpp/security/report-problem
[ paypal.com/us/…lem ]
Login to your PayPal account directly through your browser/mobile phone, to check theres no suspicious activity.

Forward the email onto ; spoof@paypal.com

Then delete and forget about it.
Original Poster
31798783-tPY5E.jpg
Just checked the email it came from and it’s clearly not from PayPal
Original Poster
Thanks a lot for the advice.... will forward this to spoof@paypal.com and just ignore the email
as above, seems pretty obvious it is spam, the grammar isn't right which is usually an obvious sign of a scam

glad you noticed and questioned it
I received a similar email last night, It started with 'Dear (my email address).'

However paypal T's and C's state they will always use first and last names when contacting anyone through email.

How to tell if PayPal email is genuine
Edited by: "Suthsy" 26th Aug 2017
Original Poster
Suthsy46 m ago

I received a similar email last night, It started with 'Dear (my email …I received a similar email last night, It started with 'Dear (my email address).'However paypal T's and C's state they will always use first and last names when contacting anyone through email.

Same way mine started.... Dear ******@****.com
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants