Groups

Paypal unauthorised transactions

Banned
    Has anyone else ever woken up to find someone has somehow got into your account, and sent money to someone?

Happened to me about 2 years ago, however paypal were really good about it and put the money straight back into the account, and I just thought I must just be really unlucky.

Then I wake up this morning to find £43, and £46 respectivley had mysteriously been sent to two different paypal accounts, all without my knowledge.

So my question - has this happened to anyone else?
    Or am I just the most unlucky person on paypal?

6 Comments

i had 500 quid stolen (was dealing with DSLR equipment and it was only in there for a day) id always remove straight away now

was absolutely gutted but paypal sorted it all out, for a start an accoutn got registered a minute before it was all removed in america where a transaction had never taken place... dont know why they didnt just block it

EDIT: because its happened to u more than once maybe you should look at the type of passwords you are using and who you are performing transactions with

Yep they slipped up by transferring to a new account. £500 going to a one day account will never clear.

joeprosho

i had 500 quid stolen (was dealing with DSLR equipment and it was only in … i had 500 quid stolen (was dealing with DSLR equipment and it was only in there for a day) id always remove straight away nowwas absolutely gutted but paypal sorted it all out, for a start an accoutn got registered a minute before it was all removed in america where a transaction had never taken place... dont know why they didnt just block it EDIT: because its happened to u more than once maybe you should look at the type of passwords you are using and who you are performing transactions with

how they manage to do this mate id have been guttered?

Easy,maybe he had a keylogger, or left himself logged in at an internet cafe or something

kyleg44

how they manage to do this mate id have been guttered?

nah not ever been on it at an internet cafe, tbh i was pretty sloppy with the quality of my passwords, they were easy and all the same, they have now been changed thogu hon everything i use really, bit more difficult to remember

id done the transactions on avforums so not sure if sum1 had been keeping an eye on me on there..

it was all done from america though i think so must have been remote, i found at work and was abso gutted, but just got on the blower and found the paypal people to be very helpful and reassuring, its what you use those services for though, they make money out of you to protect your money, job done, happy ending

You aren't really unlucky,your personal security needs attention though,

you have proabably did something like...

responded to a phishing email and given the scammers your password,
    or
    you have a keylogger
    or
    your password is too easily guessed
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …273953
      2. word association Game72944190
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764565
      4. Best advert ever to be seen.1719

See more discussions