Groups

PayPal with royal receipt

Hi all. I just purchased something from gumtree and paid via PayPal. He then sent me the receipt via royal mail all paid for etc online. He says he sent it today but it still don't show up on the tracking. It's suppose to be next day 1pm delivery? Should I worry?

19 Comments

If he only sent it today it could take time to show up on the system, that's normal from my experience. Check again tonight.

Once an item is sent at the post office, the tracking shows the time and date of when it was processed there, if it's special delivery (by 1pm next day) then the tracking will update at each step that the parcel moves (local depot, central depot etc)

all it will show is posted, but not the address sent to.

Original Poster

It shows nothing tho. Just keeps saying come. Back later?

Original Poster

Doesn't even come up with being recieved? He's still in touch with me but he sounds odd. Told me he's posted it.

gumtree is best for face to face pretty sketchy for anything else

Royal Mail tracking is pants. I have had many things sent to me via them and often its been delivered BEFORE the site even shows it was received by them. You may be lucky and find it updates later today but usually the best you can expect will be overnight updating.

How did you pay for it on Paypal? Friends and Family or Goods?

Original Poster

Ah ok thanks.
    Yeah I agree with the face to face thing, it's just that it was miles away and plus I thought via PayPal I'm pretty safe anyway?

Original Poster

ipswich78

How did you pay for it on Paypal? Friends and Family or Goods?

​Goods pal

lendu

​Goods pal

Well in which case you should be protected by PayPal anyway.

relax almost all special delivery get delivered on time, although the tracking is pretty pants I sent off some import documents the other day it still says in progress after 2 weeks but luckily it was delivered the next day on time.

Yeh relax mate. Your making the seller sound like a thief. Patience is a virtue son

Original Poster

T4H1R

Yeh relax mate. Your making the seller sound like a thief. Patience is a … Yeh relax mate. Your making the seller sound like a thief. Patience is a virtue son

​He sounded like one origionaly as he sed he'd posted on 2 occasions until he sed Hel do it today pal.

did it turn up ok ?

Original Poster

Sorry was meant to comment to tell you all it has arrived. Will the package has but I'm not home to open it or check. Family member got it. I'm away for the week. Hopefully it is as promised. Thanks for asking mattmerch

Did you get your item Mr lendu??

Sorry was your item OK?

Original Poster

It seems OK but the Sim bit don't seem to connect.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      3. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      4. Apples new update610

See more discussions