Expired

Paypal withdrawal now taking 2-3 working day!!

Found 5th Sep 2014
Hi, Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else.
Took some money out last week from paypal and always gives me "will be in your account within 2 HR " now i've got 2-3 days.
This happening to anyone else?
Community Updates
Ask
20 Comments
I did it yesterday with a 2hr window. Came through ok.
Yesterday for me was 2Hrs
Almost instant for me , says two hours but it's usually five minutes
Original Poster
barky

Almost instant for me , says two hours but it's usually five minutes

Was this from today? Thanks
Original Poster
Just a random check I suppose. Nevermind!
mrman007

Was this from today? Thanks

Was two days ago ,can't see any change to their terms v pretty sure they would notify such a major change
I withdraw daily and it is always there in seconds, however yesterday took about 4 hours. oO I assume I am still on the 2 hour window.
Original Poster
Thanks for the feedback guys, Looks like this just happens now and again.
That's right Paypal are back to the 2-3 days policy, I had the same today transferring a small amount and it shows the old 2-3 days
instead of the 2 hours policy, I believe Paypal are reviewing their bank transfers policies, I am calling them to find out more, and I will try an post the update in here!
Original Poster
Timegate

That's right Paypal are back to the 2-3 days policy, I had the same today … That's right Paypal are back to the 2-3 days policy, I had the same today transferring a small amount and it shows the old 2-3 daysinstead of the 2 hours policy, I believe Paypal are reviewing their bank transfers policies, I am calling them to find out more, and I will try an post the update in here!

Thank you for this, looking forward to hearing update.
bloody paypal this has just happened to me!
barky

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Payment-Topics/Paypal-withdrawals-3-5-working-days/m-p/3639083#U3639083

Thanks Barky, having just read some of the comments on the above link, this may help people.

It seems to indicate that if you transfer to your bank account as oppose to withdraw then it should be instant. Good Luck for anyone who needs to do this.

Here's a workaround for you.

Don't use the 'Withdraw' button.

Click on 'Pay Pal Balance >' - this is at the top of the page, left hand side, just below the blue strip (new-look PayPal site, not the Classic screen).

This gives you a very lo-tech screen and one of the options is 'transfer to your bank account'.

This will give you the instant transfer of funds.
sustar

Thanks Barky, having just read some of the comments on the above link, … Thanks Barky, having just read some of the comments on the above link, this may help people.It seems to indicate that if you transfer to your bank account as oppose to withdraw then it should be instant. Good Luck for anyone who needs to do this.Here's a workaround for you.Don't use the 'Withdraw' button.Click on 'Pay Pal Balance >' - this is at the top of the page, left hand side, just below the blue strip (new-look PayPal site, not the Classic screen).This gives you a very lo-tech screen and one of the options is 'transfer to your bank account'.This will give you the instant transfer of funds.

Brilliant! Thank you very much as I too was having the 3 day withdraw issue the past week but your workaround has solved this - just did a transfer, checked my bank and it's already there so it does work. Will just have to remember doing it this way each time I withdraw. Thanks again bud (_;)
cheaperbythe12

Brilliant! Thank you very much as I too was having the 3 day withdraw … Brilliant! Thank you very much as I too was having the 3 day withdraw issue the past week but your workaround has solved this - just did a transfer, checked my bank and it's already there so it does work. Will just have to remember doing it this way each time I withdraw. Thanks again bud (_;)

Good to know that it does work
sustar

Thanks Barky, having just read some of the comments on the above link, … Thanks Barky, having just read some of the comments on the above link, this may help people.It seems to indicate that if you transfer to your bank account as oppose to withdraw then it should be instant. Good Luck for anyone who needs to do this.Here's a workaround for you.Don't use the 'Withdraw' button.Click on 'Pay Pal Balance >' - this is at the top of the page, left hand side, just below the blue strip (new-look PayPal site, not the Classic screen).This gives you a very lo-tech screen and one of the options is 'transfer to your bank account'.This will give you the instant transfer of funds.

Gonna do a test now, one via withdraw and one via transfer as you suggest. Will let you know the outcome.
Hmmmm, both methods look the same to me, both tell me it will take up to 2 hours to appear in my account.
Still nothing. I know it has only been a few minutes but I transfer daily and it is always there within a couple of minutes, so this is two days in a row that it has been slow. Unless it is just my bank slow in updating, I know usually I can transfer money over while stood at a cashpoint and put my card in and the money will be there, so it may just be the online banking side of it that is slow to update.
Oops forgot about this thread, just checked my bank account and both amounts have gone through.

I can only guess the 2-3 day thing is account specific. If PayPal were to go back to a 2-3 day transaction then people will just go back to the good old bank transfer, the reason a lot of people use PayPal is because it is instant.

The moment this thread was made I withdrew some money, not seen it in my account yet but just received this email about it

We wanted to let you know about an issue that impacted a recent … We wanted to let you know about an issue that impacted a recent withdrawal request from your PayPal account. Due to a technical issue on 4 September 2014, a withdrawal that you requested from your PayPal account went through an old process instead of the new Faster Payments Service. As a result, this withdrawal will not post to your bank account until Tuesday, 9 September. The issue was fixed on 5 September and all future withdrawals will be processed through the Faster Payments Service.We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants