Groups

Paypal/ebay again!!!!!!!! please help if you know the answer?

bought an item and paid through ebay to have payment unclaimed.
    Seller says she has had the same paypal address for ages.
    Paypal says she made an error in the listing and to go to paypal, pay there through ebay, but when i do it says ive paid (even tho ive canceled it)
    Seller has suggested i pay her through paypal (not as a gift just as goods)
    Am I still covered if i do this? its not a few quid or i would without thinking..

15 Comments

Original Poster

oh blow it im gonna have some wine-its friday and wine o'clock.
    If anyone knows please tell me xx

plumberman01

oh blow it im gonna have some wine-its friday and wine o'clock.If anyone … oh blow it im gonna have some wine-its friday and wine o'clock.If anyone knows please tell me xx

Hun its only thursday, but who cares, sounds like you need a drink X)

Banned

yes you are still covered for non reciept

Original Poster

aunty jane

Hun its only thursday, but who cares, sounds like you need a drink X)

omg cos kids are off...all mixed up...my little waiter just brought the wine (_;)
    Have a lovely night hun! hope you got your car sorted?

cant the seller send you an invoice from ebay requesting the money again since the payment was cancelled?

Original Poster

colinsunderland

yes you are still covered for non reciept

thanks, Col, ill pay then xx

Original Poster

Peterdj41

cant the seller send you an invoice from ebay requesting the money again … cant the seller send you an invoice from ebay requesting the money again since the payment was cancelled?

she says she has twice and each time she writes on the invoice her email is *****@sky.com but the payment tries to go to *****@blueyonder.co.uk

Original Poster

bye all thanks Col (_;) Peter and Aunty Jane for the laugh

Maybe she still needs to add the sky.com email addy to her paypal account

i would only ever pay via the ebay pay now link, and not any other way. i dont think you would be covered otherwise. seller needs to sort out her email address with paypal. i had a similar problem before, though, the seller just posted the item and i actually paid directly afterwards and they didnt have a clue how to assign their email to their paypal account.

Just phone paypal & tell them what's going on & ask them can you make the payment to her email address with the Item number in the message & payment box.

Banned

shanecr

i would only ever pay via the ebay pay now link, and not any other way. i … i would only ever pay via the ebay pay now link, and not any other way. i dont think you would be covered otherwise. seller needs to sort out her email address with paypal. i had a similar problem before, though, the seller just posted the item and i actually paid directly afterwards and they didnt have a clue how to assign their email to their paypal account.

why?

colinsunderland

why?

it may be seen as agreeing a deal and paying 'outside' ebay therefore not being covered. im guessing, but i certainly wouldnt want to risk it.

Original Poster

well thanks all..she is no scammer-is posting today and added extras for me too. She cant understand it as she sold two items and the other buyer had no problem.

It'll be ok im sure. I have paid the amount on ebay and paypal/ebay can see i had problems paying..lifes too short to worry

The wine obv chilled me (_;)

Banned

shanecr

it may be seen as agreeing a deal and paying 'outside' ebay therefore not … it may be seen as agreeing a deal and paying 'outside' ebay therefore not being covered. im guessing, but i certainly wouldnt want to risk it.

you are still covered for non receipt even if it is outside of ebay
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
      2. word association Game74044544
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468
      4. Spotify Family Premium share721

See more discussions