Expired

Payslip.,..

Found 21st Oct 2014
Cut long story short I started a new job on the 22nd September , and got paid and received my payslip on the 17th October.

1st 2nd and 3rd week: 30 hours worked, and 4th week 24 hours worked. (Consists of 3 eight hour shifts and 1 six hour)

Only been paid for 96 hours of work!?

If I was only paid for 3 weeks work would it not say 90 hours instead of 96 hours.

Can anyone shed any light on this please. Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Can't ask the manager as he is away on holiday at the mo
maybe its to do with payroll cut off times

why don't you speak to payroll they would help you better than anyone on here, unless someone on here works with you??
most companies run payroll different to another so no everyone is the same
I'm gonna go with payroll cut-off times too, but you'll really have to check with your payroll/HR team for an explaination.
Most likely, my last employer paid me up to about the 12th of every month but didnt get paid till the last Friday of the month(nice little money earner for my bosses)

Also at mine we had a basic contract of like 20 hours a week, anything above that was paid 4-6 weeks in arrears i.e if I worked on the 13th-30th of one month full time I wouldnt get the payment till the 30th of the next month.
Part of Your fourth week may be after their 'cut off date ' for the months pay. I get paid 4 weekly, so I get paid for everything I work up until the Friday a week before payday, between that and payday rolls over to my next months pay? If that makes any sense to you? ;-))
paulathompson

Part of Your fourth week may be after their 'cut off date ' for the … Part of Your fourth week may be after their 'cut off date ' for the months pay. I get paid 4 weekly, so I get paid for everything I work up until the Friday a week before payday, between that and payday rolls over to my next months pay? If that makes any sense to you? ;-))

I think I understand haha! So I should expect my extra missing hours to be added to my next months pay?
TheBoss96

I think I understand haha! So I should expect my extra missing hours to … I think I understand haha! So I should expect my extra missing hours to be added to my next months pay?

Nope.....your boss has skimmed it from you to pay for his holiday!!
it will be when their cut off date is for payroll. ask payroll for the cut off date them you can work it out from that.
I used to work for a company in kent and they installed tracking systems in all company vans, timesheets would be checked off the tracker in vans, but they would still shave off 4 or 5 hours per week. What they didn't know was I would park the van on site and go to a nearby café, bookies or do some shopping, sometimes for up to 2 or 3 hours per day . If you cant beat them you have to join them I'm afraid !
Edited by: "TDog123" 21st Oct 2014
Any chance that it's breaks that are unpaid and therefore missing? When I had a weekend job in boots I was in for 15 hours but got paid 14 as they took half an hour off me each day for lunch.
May be you don't get paid for your dinner hour
My son gets paid on the last working day of each month but the cut-off date is (usually) the 2nd Sunday of each month although sometimes - and you never know when - they make it the first Sunday. Always catches up though.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants