Groups

PC Advice

Stupidly changed my resolution on my computer about 2 months ago, now it wont work on my tv as cant display the resolution.

If i do a system restore will it go back to normal?

Thanks in advance

12 Comments

Can you not plug in a monitor and turn the res down?

Original Poster

DragonChris;7751961

Can you not plug in a monitor and turn the res down?

Thats what i thought i could do, no joy. Can turn it down but then when i plug back into tv its just a blank screen.

Can enter in safe mode when connected to tv but then it wont allow me to change resolution

Starr;7751985

Thats what i thought i could do, no joy. Can turn it down but then when i … Thats what i thought i could do, no joy. Can turn it down but then when i plug back into tv its just a blank screen.Can enter in safe mode when connected to tv but then it wont allow me to change resolution

That doesn't sound right. If you turn the res down to something like 800x600 it should still display on the TV...

Is the TV full HD? Perhaps your gfx card doesn't support the res that the tv supports (or the computer can't find a driver for the tv).

Odd one this, just throwing a few ideas out there. It's a problem I'd rather see and experiment with.

Original Poster

DragonChris;7752092

That doesn't sound right. If you turn the res down to something like … That doesn't sound right. If you turn the res down to something like 800x600 it should still display on the TV... Is the TV full HD? Perhaps your gfx card doesn't support the res that the tv supports (or the computer can't find a driver for the tv).Odd one this, just throwing a few ideas out there. It's a problem I'd rather see and experiment with.

My PC was working fine with tv as monitor, i stupidly changed res and tv went blank, i thought it would come back after 15-30 secs but didnt.

I then plugged pc into monitor and worked fine, so turned down settings and plugged into tv again, still didnt work.

Ive now got a new tv and stil wont work.

Annoying lol, thanks for your help though, i need someone elses point of view.

Im determined to fix this within 2 hours or im buying a new comp lol

Original Poster

Old tv was HD ready and new tv is full hd.

Can you change the refresh rate in the graphics card settings? If so, that may fix it

Tdrtnlz;7752220

Can you change the refresh rate in the graphics card settings? If so, … Can you change the refresh rate in the graphics card settings? If so, that may fix it

That was to be my next question

Although I'd have thought if after 20-30 seconds of not confirming the new settings it reverted back anyway...

think you need to delete the tv from system devices so it wont remember the last res you used for that device

If you have a ATI card you need to set it to detect TVs,

Original Poster

Tdrtnlz;7752220

Can you change the refresh rate in the graphics card settings? If so, … Can you change the refresh rate in the graphics card settings? If so, that may fix it

Im a n00b, dont know how to do that :oops:

DragonChris;7752290

That was to be my next question :)Although I'd have thought if after … That was to be my next question :)Although I'd have thought if after 20-30 seconds of not confirming the new settings it reverted back anyway...

Ye i would of thought it would of reverted back, but it didnt :-(

DavieDeal;7752321

think you need to delete the tv from system devices so it wont remember … think you need to delete the tv from system devices so it wont remember the last res you used for that device

If you could explain how to do that would be appreciated. Sounds promising,

tonyg1962;7752471

If you have a ATI card you need to set it to detect TVs,

Dont think i do, once again i am a n00b :oops:

System restore good idea or not?

Starr;7753436

System restore good idea or not?

No

Original Poster

EndlessWaves;7753621

No

Its worked though :whistling:

Touch wood.

Thank for everyones input

Typing from it now :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. [Xbox] 6 Months Xbox Live For £14.99 (When Purchasing Selected Games At Ama…23
      2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7211360
      3. word association Game74044557
      4. Get an annual MOT reminder22

See more discussions