Groups

PC advice please

Specs:

i5 6600 quadcore CPU @ 3.3 Ghz (3.9 turbo)
    KFA2 Black Edition GTX 960 4GB
    MSI Z170A PRO Gaming Mobo
    16GB Corsair LPX DDR4 RAM
    CX650W PSU
    5 fans in total, 3 case 2 added
    In a Zalman Z11 Plus case

Looking to futureproof this pc, it's good enough for me, runs Rocket League and CSGO on 144hz, runs the latest games on 60hz for sure, but alot of games coming out in 2017 and want to make sure I can handle them

Any suggestions? Cheers

5 Comments

What's the point of upgrading if it's good enough now? If in 2017 you're having performance issues then upgrade them then and the parts will likely be cheaper too.

Original Poster

joshp

What's the point of upgrading if it's good enough now? If in 2017 you're … What's the point of upgrading if it's good enough now? If in 2017 you're having performance issues then upgrade them then and the parts will likely be cheaper too.

Asked more out of curiosity than anything else, it's not like anything groundbreaking will come out between now and 2017 xD even if I did it in 3, 6, 9, 12 months, I would still have the same upgrade options I have now

The PC gaming industry is going over the top with system requirements but it hasn't (quite) got to the point that a mainstream system needs to be replaced within a year or purchase to run a game.

keep an eye out for a cheap second hand GTX 960 and then go sli.

Original Poster

brendanhickey

keep an eye out for a cheap second hand GTX 960 and then go sli.

Looks like anywhere between a 60-80% scale on FPS with SLI, good suggestion, perfect time too with the intro of gtx 1000s
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card22
      2. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION11
      3. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only33
      4. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority11

See more discussions