Found 19th Mar 2009
I have a Core 2 Duo 2.33Ghz PC which i have just installed a BluRay drive and a Sapphire ATI Radeon HD3450 graphics card. When trying a BluRay disk or a BluRay rip through the provided Cyberlink PowerDVD software, the picture is very jerky at times. I can watch the BluRay rip (but not the BluRay disk) through VLC player with no jerkiness at all. Has anybody any ideas about this or can anyone recommend a good software player. I am in the middle of downloading Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre to try that but any advice appreciated.

13 Comments

Banned

you using PowerDVD 9? might be worth downloading it.

I was gonna say maybe your computer couldn't handle it, but if it can handle the rip, I'm not sure.

Original Poster

vibeone;4681751

you using PowerDVD 9? might be worth downloading it.I was gonna say maybe … you using PowerDVD 9? might be worth downloading it.I was gonna say maybe your computer couldn't handle it, but if it can handle the rip, I'm not sure.

I'm sure it will be PowerDVD 8 but i'll check. PC should handle it fine and has 2Gb memory too.

Banned

Reddwarfposse5;4681764

I'm sure it will be PowerDVD 8 but i'll check. PC should handle it fine … I'm sure it will be PowerDVD 8 but i'll check. PC should handle it fine and has 2Gb memory too.

I think the graphics card does most of the work if you have hardware encoding/decoding on. For example I use Nvidia Purevideo, and its part of my graphics card.

I could be talking bobbins.

Original Poster

Well hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I'm pretty new to the whole BluRay thing.

not had any experience with ati and hd but get ur drivers updated, it sounds like it might be having a problem getting hardware acceleration going are u talking about a 4gig odd rip or a 25gb one.

Original Poster

jack_burt0n;4681840

not had any experience with ati and hd but get ur drivers updated, it … not had any experience with ati and hd but get ur drivers updated, it sounds like it might be having a problem getting hardware acceleration going are u talking about a 4gig odd rip or a 25gb one.

Just a smaller rip. Which is why i was puzzled with it stuttering in PowerDVD. Could it be a codec issue as i have no codecs installed and usually rely in VLC player to play everything?

avsforum.com/avs…332

stuttering rip playback but might apply to ur discs too.

Power dvd has been a hassle for pretty much everyone i know going the HTPC route for HD.

Original Poster

dcx_badass;4682084

I've got a Pentium D 3.0ghz, 3gb ram and an nvidia 7600GT and can play … I've got a Pentium D 3.0ghz, 3gb ram and an nvidia 7600GT and can play HD-DVDs fine, so spec wise you should be ok.

Thanks. I've been looking over on AVForums and i'm going to try a couple of different codecs and players. Hopefully that will be sorted. I've just got the new Samsung LE40A656 TV and dying to see it in full action :thumbsup:

Original Poster

jack_burt0n;4682214

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1049332stuttering rip … http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1049332stuttering rip playback but might apply to ur discs too.Power dvd has been a hassle for pretty much everyone i know going the HTPC route for HD.

Thanks. Some good points there.

Also check your refresh rate in CCC as mine tends to change for some un known reason.
I often have to go into display properties and change it back to 60Hz.

which operating system are you using?

Original Poster

maddogb;4689865

which operating system are you using?

Windows XP. I downloaded Arcsoft Total Media Theatre last night and it worked perfectly. The only thing i have to do is trace which audio codec it is for the BluRay rip i have.

Original Poster

Thanks for all the help and advice guys.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Has the amount of Apple fanboys increased on the site after the redesign?11
    2. Urgent help needed with travel agent56
    3. Submit Mobile Deals from Comparison sites22
    4. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!33

See more discussions