PC build for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020!

Posted 22nd Jul 2020
Hello everyone,

Im looking to build a PC from scratch for the new most awaited MS Flight Sim game to be released on 18th August 2020.

I am quite far from it at the moment as I don't have a PC capable of handling the game.

Does anyone have some recommendations for the different components required? I am aware that the game currently doesn't have ray tracing for the lighting etc. Should I still opt for a ray tracing GPU?

I am after a medium-high graphics setting. Basically, decent visuals but smooth running. My budget is between £400-£500

My current set up (in mind) is as follows:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: GTX 1070
RAM: 16GB DDR4
Storage: 512GB M.2 SSD
PSU (yet to be chosen)
Motherboard (yet to be chosen)
Case (yet to be chosen)

Many thanks for any suggestions/recommendations/improvements/advice.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
What are the min requirements to handle the game - then we can go from there:(
nrackham7622/07/2020 07:38

What are the min requirements to handle the game - then we can go from …What are the min requirements to handle the game - then we can go from there:(

Seems like it won't be playable with the minimum spec imo but this is what Microsoft says should be the minimum.

Minimum Spec:
Ryzen 3 1200 or i5-4460
Radeon RX 570 2GB or GTX 770 2GB
8GB RAM

Recommended Spec:
Ryzen 5 1500X or i5-8400
Radeon RX590 4GB or GTX 970 4GB
16GB RAM
Edited by: "Tacticality" 22nd Jul
Are you building it solely for flight simulator? If so could an Xbox one be a cheaper alternative?
Why a 1070? You have that already?
MrKrabs22/07/2020 23:49

Why a 1070? You have that already?

I have bought the 1070 second hand for £180. I am using this card because its cheap and performs well enough I guess...
Kratos6922/07/2020 09:27

Are you building it solely for flight simulator? If so could an Xbox one …Are you building it solely for flight simulator? If so could an Xbox one be a cheaper alternative?

Yeah I have considered this too, I usually have Playstation I've always had PS since a kid but this one time I was considering an Xbox for the sake of this game. I was bought out otherwise by my brother who told me to build a PC instead as it would be a more all rounder.
Also need a pretty good broadband speed aswell
Post a comment
@
    Text