PC Build. Help needed!

Hello,
Probably a stupid question but i'm currently in the process of buiding a new pc sys.
i have the Motherboard fitted to a Xclio midi case and i'm stuck connecting the front panel headers to the M/board ( power/ HDD LED/ speakers ect) the manual states which side is + and - on the connector but the cable doesn't. there is no mention in the manual for the case either.

Any help much appriciated.

5 Comments

White is -ve colored is +ve

hughwp;3985965

White is -ve colored is +ve

+1

If all else fails, go to trial and error, you can't blow the m/b up (at least I never have despite having built hundreds of cheap systems where nothing is tagged :whistling: )

Stainy;3986173

If all else fails, go to trial and error, you can't blow the m/b up (at … If all else fails, go to trial and error, you can't blow the m/b up (at least I never have despite having built hundreds of cheap systems where nothing is tagged :whistling: )

I heard about some old Socket A motherboards where if you connected the USB header the wrong way around it would blow the board out lol. Could be a myth but it makes for a good story.

I generally work by trial and error as well though. I am not 100% sure, but I think the side with the text on generally points to the bottom of the motherboard. Also I believe the headers have an arrow imprint (on the opposite side to the text) above pin1 - although this is rather small so most people don't notice it/can't see it hehe.

Original Poster

Thanks for all the info guys.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763886
    2. Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guar…1213
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415214086
    4. Baby boxes to be sent to new parents in Scotland from Tuesday!1523

See more discussions