Groups

PC building question.

I'm looking at buying an uatx motherboard - is uatx the same as matx (microatx)?

Do I have to buy an uatx graphics card or do graphics cards fit both atx and uatx?

Finally is this motherboard and graphics card compatible?

Motherboard:
    scan.co.uk/pro…625

Graphics card:
    scan.co.uk/pro…456

I have already bought a P4 3.00GHz FSB 800 cpu.

Thanks for any info.

7 Comments

That is a micro-atx mobo (matx)

The GFX card will work with the motherboard.

However,make sure you get a case that takes normal pci-e cards as it isnt a low profile card. Either that or you could try and find a pci-e riser card if you go for a low profile case

Original Poster

That's great, thank you. The only bit I didn't understand was the low profile card/case bit?

ssabres;1475360

That's great, thank you. The only bit I didn't understand was the low … That's great, thank you. The only bit I didn't understand was the low profile card/case bit?

There are many types of PC case you can buy. However, some are low profile. This means that they are smaller in height (about 10cm) and and example of type of case is the dell inspiron 530s. http://www.togomarket.com/computers/dellins.jpg

These will only take GFX cards that are half-height like ]this(so they fit in)

Normal cases like ]this will take any normal size GFX card like the one you linked to at scan.

Original Poster

Thanks for explaining that, think I will go ahead and order the scan mobo & graphics card.

Think I will leave the case for a week or two - I need to save some more cash. When I do order one, I will look for a matx motherboard compatible case with a pci-e slot.

:thumbsup:

ssabres;1475403

Thanks for explaining that, think I will go ahead and order the scan mobo … Thanks for explaining that, think I will go ahead and order the scan mobo & graphics card.Think I will leave the case for a week or two - I need to save some more cash. When I do order one, I will look for a matx motherboard compatible case with a pci-e slot.:thumbsup:

Nearly every case is compatible with a matx motherboard - you can get some nice matx cases that fit normal GFX cards such as ]this which i really like.

:thumbsup:

Original Poster

emasu;1475412

Nearly every case is compatible with a matx motherboard - you can get … Nearly every case is compatible with a matx motherboard - you can get some nice matx cases that fit normal GFX cards such as ]this which i really like.:thumbsup:

Not sure about the design but I like the shape. I would probably go for something more like this>
    xcase.co.uk/p/2…tml

Thanks for the link by the way - it's been bookmarked.

ssabres;1475448

Thanks for the link by the way - it's been bookmarked.

No problem
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheap Laptop?11
      2. Iphone 6 to which handset?712
      3. Second sky q mini box - can i buy from ebay?1015
      4. How are Very for pre-orders ?22

See more discussions