PC components from China

Posted 29th Oct
Hi. Quick question, is it safe to buy pc components (cpu, ram, graphics card etc.) from sites like aliexpress, gearbest?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
It's definitely safe to BUY from those sites. Whether you get what you wanted, when you want and in perfect condition - that's the risk. Same as always when ordering something from overseas. I've never had any major problems myself but there are plenty horror stories!
I wouldn't say it was safe or smart... tax, duty, return policy, cost of returning an item etc... you won't be dealing with EU standards of consumer protection.
Virtually ALL major PC components are made in China?
What is it you are buying?
Probably safer to buy from UK/EU retailer.
Edited by: "Me.really" 29th Oct
I found Ryzen 5 2600 for £90 compared to Amazon is £30 cheaper. Take the risk and order one from Aliexpress?
seb85a29/10/2019 19:25

I found Ryzen 5 2600 for £90 compared to Amazon is £30 cheaper. Take the r …I found Ryzen 5 2600 for £90 compared to Amazon is £30 cheaper. Take the risk and order one from Aliexpress?

Have you added on the risk of extra import charges? It's not always a guarantee that it'll get overlooked. Or do they guarantee you won't get any?
only you can decide if you want to take a chance....
You are pretty much giving up 3 years of warranty for £30. Without taking into account duty and handling fees Theres nothing in it except zero warranty.
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 29th Oct
Thanks everyone. I'll get it from Amazon. No import duty and warranty.
seb85a29/10/2019 20:17

Thanks everyone. I'll get it from Amazon. No import duty and warranty. Thanks everyone. I'll get it from Amazon. No import duty and warranty.

I think you're doing the right thing. Import/del fees could be circa £30 if you were unlucky. If you were going to save 50% then maybe worth risking but not on this occasion.

Regards, Phsy.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants