PC destroying GPU sold via Wish.com

Posted 21st Nov
It's highly doubtful that many people would consider buying PC parts from Wish and especially GPU's but anybody who has ever considered it should watch it. Essentially the GPU was rigged to kill itself and take out other components with it so it would be harder to file a return/refund claim.

I Bought A GPU That Doesn't Exist From Wish.com, What is it?
Community Updates
Buying From Abroad

Groups

4 Comments
I can't imagine anyone would buy anything from Wish and not expect it to be fake! but a motherboard destroying card is a new feature! designed to not even work poorly like most of the fake cards do.
Edited by: "spannerzone" 21st Nov
Amazing how much effort they put into making a fake video card.

I take it that previous iterations of the fake video cards made an effort to produce a picture on the monitor and come with hacked drivers that pretended that the card was a GTX 1060ti video card in Windows.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 21st Nov
SUMMONER21/11/2019 18:40

Amazing how much effort they put into making a fake video card.I take it …Amazing how much effort they put into making a fake video card.I take it that previous iterations of the fake video cards made an effort to produce a picture on the monitor and come with hacked drivers that pretended that the card was a GTX 1060ti video card in Windows.

Yes. They started off eeprom flashing old cheap cards and selling them as 750Ti's then proceeded from there. This one is a whole new kettle though and obviously malicious.
Edited by: "Spark" 21st Nov
Didn’t realise they did this... normally when a deal is to good to be true it is....
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants