Found 9th Jun 2010
hi, having problems booting a system, I was on youtube and the audio looped (could not ctrl, alt, del) and I had to turn system power off, on reboot the system would not display output to monitor, no HDD light (when I unplug DVD drive HDD access light is continously on), no post beeps, HDD gets warm but i'm not sure it's accessing, checked RAM - swapped out and tried all sticks, still no boot, removed clock battery and changed PSU, but no luck, graphics card seems okay but stays on hispeed fan mode, possible power fluctuation or mobo fault? hope you can help, ty!

7 Comments

checked hdd cable(s)?

May have overheated let it cool down for 30mins

Original Poster

yes checked HDD cables, it suffered the failure about 5mins after booting! maybe motherboard problem then, also may try booting after unplugging graphics card?

Original Poster

dcx_badass;8801841

Won't see anything to know if it's worked then will you unless it has … Won't see anything to know if it's worked then will you unless it has integrated. I'd unplug everything you don't need, all usb devices except mouse and keyboard, only one stick of ram, no disk drive or hard drive etc.

it has an X1250 integrated, i will try that, many thanks, rep.

Banned

bigfoot100;8801656

May have overheated let it cool down for 30mins

LOL - they changed the psu. I expect that took a while

Original Poster

csiman;8802814

LOL - they changed the psu. I expect that took a while

got it working, unplugged most components and took out battery for a couple of minutes, rebooted fine!!! woot

Banned

AugQX;8820618

got it working, unplugged most components and took out battery for a … got it working, unplugged most components and took out battery for a couple of minutes, rebooted fine!!! woot

thats what probably helped most as first time you might not have left it out long enough ;-)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Has the amount of Apple fanboys increased on the site after the redesign?11
    2. Urgent help needed with travel agent56
    3. Submit Mobile Deals from Comparison sites22
    4. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!33

See more discussions