PC Game Controller...

Banned
Does Half Life 2 support an analogue controller (with 2 sticks like a PS3)? Apparently, Doom 3 doesn't?

I'm just gonna find it hard as I have a laptop.

I also heard you can use your PS3 controller with your laptop?

10 Comments

You can just download the drivers (don't have a link at the moment). It works perfectly. You can even do it through bluetooth.

Original Poster Banned

Ok I have my PS3 controller working with my laptop now. However, as far as I can see, there's no options to use a controller with Area 51 or Doom 3.

If you can with Half Life 2, then are you able to use the 2 sticks for moving and camera? Wanting to use it with Left 4 Dead 2 and HL2.

Original Poster Banned

Grrrr, when I've finished using the PS3 controller, I unplug it, and it then turns my PS3 on! Any way to stop this?

And do I always have to load up the Motionjoy ps3 software program to use the joypad with games?

jaydog69

Ok I have my PS3 controller working with my laptop now. However, as far … Ok I have my PS3 controller working with my laptop now. However, as far as I can see, there's no options to use a controller with Area 51 or Doom 3.If you can with Half Life 2, then are you able to use the 2 sticks for moving and camera? Wanting to use it with Left 4 Dead 2 and HL2.

What's your Steam id?
Go into settings and change the controls in each game there should be an option for joystick or something. If GTA: SA can do it I don't see why Doom 3 can't.

Unplug your PS3 maybe?

Original Poster Banned

Yeah I could unplug my PS3 but bit of an annoyance.

There isn't an option in Area 51 or Doom 3 for controller.

jaydog69

Yeah I could unplug my PS3 but bit of an annoyance.There isn't an option … Yeah I could unplug my PS3 but bit of an annoyance.There isn't an option in Area 51 or Doom 3 for controller.

use xpadder to get area 51 & doom 3 working.

Original Poster Banned

Xpadder is $9.99 though :-(

Original Poster Banned

Just got a free version....although how can you tell it to use analogue sticks in replacement of the up/down and mouse pad?

Original Poster Banned

Well you can't change the controller options in Left 4 Dead....it seems to have it's own built in. My left stick is ok, but the right one makes your character shoot! Any ideas?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3966
    2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
    3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions