PC Gamers, need your advice!

Posted 16th Nov
ebaystores.co.uk/CCL…ise

Looking to buy a decent gaming PC, would you recommend this if I customise to a 590?
Thanks
Community Updates

Groups

13 Comments
I have a rx 580 8gb and I can run call of duty modern warfare at high 120fps, depends what fps and settings your after tbh
Edited by: "Haz_19" 16th Nov
Haz_1916/11/2019 10:31

I have a rx 580 8gb and I can run call of duty modern warfare at high …I have a rx 580 8gb and I can run call of duty modern warfare at high 120fps, depends what fps and settings your after tbh

thanks, I just thought for an extra £19 it would future proof it slightly
They already have a listing with the 590 and 16gb ram for cheaper than it costs on that list after customising. Id get the 590 youll get 10% more fps
39002215.jpg
Edited by: "Mark_Hickman" 16th Nov
Mark_Hickman16/11/2019 10:49

They already have a listing with the 590 and 16gb ram for cheaper than it …They already have a listing with the 590 and 16gb ram for cheaper than it costs on that list after customising. Id get the 590 youll get 10% more fps[Image]

wow, thanks, this is why I needed help, would you recommend this then? my budget is around this price
aldoc16/11/2019 10:52

wow, thanks, this is why I needed help, would you recommend this then? my …wow, thanks, this is why I needed help, would you recommend this then? my budget is around this price

Yes but you do know the computers sold by ccl dont include monitor,mouse,keyboard ? They also dont include windows software but you can get a key off ebay for under £5
Small differences in performance like 10% aren't going to affect the games you can play or how you play them. If in doubt go for the cheaper option.

Mark_Hickman16/11/2019 11:26

Yes but you do know the computers sold by ccl dont include …Yes but you do know the computers sold by ccl dont include monitor,mouse,keyboard ? They also dont include windows software but you can get a key off ebay for under £5

Keyboard and mice standards have been the same for a couple of decades so there's no need to include a new set with every machine.

Monitor connection standards also change slowly so that'll be part of the reason, and the other factor is that monitor choice often depends more on what you're doing than the PC you bought so there's often going to be a wider range of screens people buying a particular PC would want.
Mark_Hickman16/11/2019 11:26

Yes but you do know the computers sold by ccl dont include …Yes but you do know the computers sold by ccl dont include monitor,mouse,keyboard ? They also dont include windows software but you can get a key off ebay for under £5

Yes I knew I would have to get all the extras, but for this PC alone I was wondering if it was good value
aldoc16/11/2019 12:16

Yes I knew I would have to get all the extras, but for this PC alone I was …Yes I knew I would have to get all the extras, but for this PC alone I was wondering if it was good value

Yes its good value, even better when ebay have 10% off and its under £500, if you can wait i heard ebay are having a site wide code soon for black friday, might not be true though.
EndlessWaves16/11/2019 11:36

Small differences in performance like 10% aren't going to affect the games …Small differences in performance like 10% aren't going to affect the games you can play or how you play them. If in doubt go for the cheaper option. Keyboard and mice standards have been the same for a couple of decades so there's no need to include a new set with every machine.Monitor connection standards also change slowly so that'll be part of the reason, and the other factor is that monitor choice often depends more on what you're doing than the PC you bought so there's often going to be a wider range of screens people buying a particular PC would want.

The difference is actually more like 15-20% on some games, but i was just guessing off my head, that difference is enough to make a game unbearable in a year or two as games are more demanding and the extra fps on higher settings with 590 could mean the pc lasts the op an extra year.
As for the rest dont know why you posted that are you educating the op ?
Mark_Hickman16/11/2019 13:38

The difference is actually more like 15-20% on some games, but i was just …The difference is actually more like 15-20% on some games, but i was just guessing off my head, that difference is enough to make a game unbearable in a year or two as games are more demanding and the extra fps on higher settings with 590 could mean the pc lasts the op an extra year.As for the rest dont know why you posted that are you educating the op ?

15% extra will mean it'll get 23fps instead of 20fps. It's not going to make unplayable games playable.
EndlessWaves16/11/2019 13:46

15% extra will mean it'll get 23fps instead of 20fps. It's not going to …15% extra will mean it'll get 23fps instead of 20fps. It's not going to make unplayable games playable.

Who plays games at 20fps ? Your using lower figures to make the difference look smaller, most people dont like to play less than 60fps so if next years games run at 60fps on the 590 thats only 51fps on the 580 and if the frames are a bearable but low amount like 48 on the 590 then they will only be 40 on the 580.
That's when someone might decide its time to upgrade and as i said you could get an extra year from the 590.
The original post that has been deleted advised him to buy a 4gb 580 anyway that would be 40-50% less fps, and my point was spend £100 more and get a much more powerful cpu and gfx
Mark_Hickman16/11/2019 13:59

Who plays games at 20fps ? Your using lower figures to make the difference …Who plays games at 20fps ? Your using lower figures to make the difference look smaller, most people dont like to play less than 60fps so if next years games run at 60fps on the 590 thats only 51fps on the 580 and if the frames are a bearable but low amount like 48 on the 590 then they will only be 40 on the 580.That's when someone might decide its time to upgrade and as i said you could get an extra year from the 590.The original post that has been deleted advised him to buy a 4gb 580 anyway that would be 40-50% less fps, and my point was spend £100 more and get a much more powerful cpu and gfx

Do you have any statistics to back that up? In my experience most gamers only care that the game runs well enough to not affect play, and those willing to shell out hundreds extra to run everything at optimal smoothness are in the minority.

If you look at some of the console ports designed for low frame rates they tend to do well enough on the PC, which they wouldn't if people with mid-range cards insisted on only playing games at 60fps.

I'd rather spend the £100 on the next card in a few years time than the £100 on a better card today, you'll get more gaming out of it that way.
Where are these £100 difference coming from??
Price difference between rx580 and 590 set up is something like £25
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions