Groups

Pc gaming

Wanting a cheap desk top or laptop(sub £300), that's capable of playing footy manger, and older games at reasonable settings(COD2 etc). Don't want this to turn into a geekfest about frame rates and overclocking, just recommendations please

10 Comments

look on YouTube for ideas and go to gumtree eBay reedit for deals.

I'd look on cex has quite a lot of desktops under £300 that will do what you want it to do example uk.m.webuy.com/search?sPage=1&catid=[1067]&is=1&online_only=1&stext=*&sortOn=sort_by_relevance&op=1&minPrice=8&maxPrice=294&sPgSize=25

better to get a laptop, less floor space and electric

Damn mate, cant believe google is down! When did this happen!?

Always recommend PC over a Laptop for future upgradability. Sometimes people sell whole rigs outdated ones for around £250. Gumtree is good for these things. I guess you'd want at least a 4th gen i3 like and i3-4130 or a 3rd gen i5. As for the GPU you'd want something like an r9 270 (minimum).

I guess the CPU and the GPU are the most important things. Judging from your question I doubt you know much about computers, so if you do find a pc or laptop for your budget drop the specs and I'm sure one of us will help you out. Gl

Original Poster

Cheers for nowt

bigreddan

Cheers for nowt

LOL seriously though you didn't give much to work on. it was like well I want a pc/laptop for £300 or less go find me!! Any pc/laptop from 1999 will play the games you mentioned. If you said want you planned on using it for in more detail and if your bothered if it's new/used upgradeable, anything you've looked at ect.. no one's psychic you've narrowed it down to any pc build in the last 10 yrs

Original Poster

Say that then, like I said I don't want a geekfest but each time their own !

If your willing to build the pc I have just upgraded and I'm going to sell my old parts which would easily play what you've highlighted.

Gtx780
    Amd 8350
    Vengeance ddr3 1333 ram
    Asrock am3+ motherboard
    Liquid cooling system + radiator

Original Poster

Jasoncoia

If your willing to build the pc I have just upgraded and I'm going to … If your willing to build the pc I have just upgraded and I'm going to sell my old parts which would easily play what you've highlighted. Gtx780 Amd 8350 Vengeance ddr3 1333 ram Asrock am3+ motherboard Liquid cooling system + radiator

Thanks for the offer but I wouldn't have a clue! in terms of a graphics card, if I was a looking for pre built, what's the minimum I should be looking at ?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
      2. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      4. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99

See more discussions