PC graphics card - difference by manufacturer

Found 26th Oct 2017
Hi, is they any difference between graphics cards of the same model, but different manufacturer?
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
dimensions - how many PCIe slots it covers up/the length of the card

noise level
- some cards have fans that stay off/silent until it reaches a certain temperature

overclocking capabilities
- more heatpipes/elaborate cooler means better cooling of the card and potentially more FPS in games

ITX/compact case compatibility
- if you have an ITX/compactish computer case you want to carefully consider blower style cards vs heatpipe cooler. Blower style cards exhaust the heat straight out the back of the computer, instead of pushing it around inside of it, but tend to be noisier and less efficient when it comes to cooling.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 26th Oct 2017
SUMMONER2 h, 14 m ago

dimensions - how many PCIe slots it covers up/the length of the cardnoise …dimensions - how many PCIe slots it covers up/the length of the cardnoise level - some cards have fans that stay off/silent until it reaches a certain temperatureoverclocking capabilities - more heatpipes/elaborate cooler means better cooling of the card and potentially more FPS in gamesITX/compact case compatibility - if you have an ITX/compactish computer case you want to carefully consider blower style cards vs heatpipe cooler. Blower style cards exhaust the heat straight out the back of the computer, instead of pushing it around inside of it, but tend to be noisier and less efficient when it comes to cooling.

Thanks for the NCOs, things to consider.
Does performance vary from manufacturer to manufacturer on the same model
Sambat32 m ago

Thanks for the NCOs, things to consider.Does performance vary from …Thanks for the NCOs, things to consider.Does performance vary from manufacturer to manufacturer on the same model

Based on the cooling solution each of them uses, yes, but only a little.

Watch the video below from 4:22min onwards, it talks about the principle differences from one manufacturer to another.

If you are shopping for parts for a new computer watch some of the other videos that TechDealshave on their Youtube channel, they are very good in highlighting what is worth spending money on and what is not.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 26th Oct 2017
To add to summoners post the warranty varies quite a lot.
I was looking at a 2nd hand GTX970, which is good enough for what I need.
thanks again
(by the way don’t know where my spell checker got “NCOs” from, above)
Sambat57 m ago

I was looking at a 2nd hand GTX970, which is good enough for what I …I was looking at a 2nd hand GTX970, which is good enough for what I need.thanks again(by the way don’t know where my spell checker got “NCOs” from, above)

If you are looking at the 970 then consider the 290X if it's a bit cheaper
MIDURIX35 m ago

If you are looking at the 970 then consider the 290X if it's a bit cheaper

Just as good?
Any particular manufacturer?
Sambat12 m ago

Just as good?Any particular manufacturer?

Reference blower is worst, then DCUII, then twin frozr, then tri x
Something like the Sapphire vapor x is good. 970 and 290X are basically all you need for 1080p gaming, I got a reference cooler Asus one over two years ago second hand for less than £190, but that was before the mining stuff happened and I think they go for more now even two years later.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants