PC Headset Issues

Posted 19th Apr
I bought this headset (hotukdeals.com/dea…347) and want to use it with on my PC.

I put the 3.5mm jack into the green audio socket on the back of the PC, audio is fine, but microphone isn't working? The instructions say:

"The headset should be automatically detected as connected, check the application settings that you want to use to select the headset for use."

Tried that in a few games, and using the Windows inbuilt sound recorder. DIdn't pick up any sound from the microphone whatsoever.

Last time I used a microphone I had to put it into the pink socket on the back of the PC, and seeing as this headset only has the one 3.5mm jack, not sure how this would work on a PC?

Any idea's before I return it? Thanks

3445243.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
Just read that I need a splitter, which I've now ordered. Wish I hadn't bothered now and gone with a different (USB) model.
Edited by: "BadMF" 19th Apr
I'll bet if you look, you'll see 3 black bars on that 3.5mm jack, one more than a standard headphone jack aka, an extra connection for the mic.
Deffo nothing left in box for splitting?
You need one of these ebay.co.uk/itm…763
There's only the one cable, and nothing else in the box, it says on the website, "PC's with green and pink audio connections will need a splitter that's sold seperately" Annoyingly didn't read the small print prior to purchasing, but one should be with me before Thursday.
Does your PC have a front audio jack? If so, these are usually compatible with both the mic and headphone signals
Kbramman19/04/2020 16:47

Does your PC have a front audio jack? If so, these are usually compatible …Does your PC have a front audio jack? If so, these are usually compatible with both the mic and headphone signals

It does, one for headphones, one for microphones. Tried both, alas, microphone works in the microphone socket, but no audio and vice versa.
Ah, a shame. My pc, and most of the others I’ve had / used have a single port on the front which is a headset jack, which is exactly what you’d need sadly...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions