Found 16th May 2009
over the last few days my pc has been playing me up i have sorted out all the problems bar this one ....... when i get an email i can no longer use any links on the email to take me to the site or offers within the email all i get is an error message saying (aplication not found)

if anyone can guide me through this i would be greatfull

1. Misc
  2. PC
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. PC
6 Comments

Sounds as if you have disabled redirection...Try checking it in tools / Options ..Good Luck

Original Poster Banned

gr8h8me;5228323

Sounds as if you have disabled redirection...Try checking it in tools / … Sounds as if you have disabled redirection...Try checking it in tools / Options ..Good Luck

i cant seem to find anything about redirection ?

the settings in your email program need resetting.
i had this when i uninstalled outlook the settings stayed in outlook not windows mail which was what i was trying to use!

) Start with the easiest and see if it works:
IE->Tools->Internet Options->Programs Tab.
Click Reset web settings button.

Original Poster Banned

smallian;5228381

the settings in your email program need resetting.i had this when i … the settings in your email program need resetting.i had this when i uninstalled outlook the settings stayed in outlook not windows mail which was what i was trying to use!) Start with the easiest and see if it works:IE->Tools->Internet Options->Programs Tab.Click Reset web settings button.

i'm doing this now and will edit this when i have results

Original Poster Banned

i cant even sign in to messenger now

Have a look at "File Types" ...open my computer>Tools Menu>Folder Options>File Types Tab...check what opens the htm or html file types...should be whatever your browser is
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Advice on claiming from Salford Council pot hole damage66
    2. Best watches under £500?55
    3. What shoes are these?33
    4. Samsung UE50MU6120KXXU or LG 55UJ630V34

See more discussions