Groups
    EXPIRED

PC HELP

Hi i have a problem with the pc i have just installed windows ultimate 7 this works fine but it say no audio output device installed i have logitech speakers connected but do not have any sound any ideas the speakers never came with a driver disc i have tried to search for driver updates but no joy hope you can help thanks.

10 Comments

you dont need drivers for speakers...........

get the drivers for your soundcard :thumbsup:

Original Poster

is ther a problem with my sound card then ?

Check to see if you have muted the Volume (bottom right screen - speaker Icon with a 'No Entry' Sign over it.

Original Poster

Gordonc1960;5382276

Check to see if you have muted the Volume (bottom right screen - speaker … Check to see if you have muted the Volume (bottom right screen - speaker Icon with a 'No Entry' Sign over it.

the speaker just has a red x over it checked volume and the is ok

CHEEKYCHICCO;5382265

is ther a problem with my sound card then ?

no

go to device manager, find your soundcard & update driver

if that doesn't work, google for the drivers using keywords like "soundcard name" and "driver" etc. When you find it download and install....

CHEEKYCHICCO;5382321

the speaker just has a red x over it

lol, if it does than its just muted

Original Poster

phatboy123;5382351

nogo to device manager, find your soundcard & update driverif that … nogo to device manager, find your soundcard & update driverif that doesn't work, google for the drivers using keywords like "soundcard name" and "driver" etc. When you find it download and install....lol, if it does than its just muted

it will not update it has a yellow triangle over multimedia devices but does not update

CHEEKYCHICCO;5382466

it will not update it has a yellow triangle over multimedia devices but … it will not update it has a yellow triangle over multimedia devices but does not update

In device manager right click on the multimedia icon (the one with the yellow triangle) and select uninstall, then restart your pc. When it boots back into win7 it should auto detect the device and say something like *installing software for device".

If it still doesn't work after this, then it may be a driver compatibility issue with win7, if this is the case go to logitechs web site > support > downloads & download the drivers for your device, it'll probably have winXP & vista drivers only, download either (or both) and before attempting to install right-click the .exe go to the properties tab (i think) and select compatibility, choose run in XP (or vista depending on which version your installing) compatibility mode.

dont wanna be funny...if drivers are not working and mute button isn't pressed then check to see if your speakers are plugged into the right colour coded jack

zuccho;5384234

dont wanna be funny...if drivers are not working and mute button isn't … dont wanna be funny...if drivers are not working and mute button isn't pressed then check to see if your speakers are plugged into the right colour coded jack

He said device manager is showing a yellow exclamation mark, which would suggest hardware detection has failed (which is normally due to incorrect / missing drivers).

find out the make and model of your mother board or sound card if it is a separate card, go to the manufacturers web site and see if they have the relevent drivers, if not at least you can go to the sound chip manufacturers website and try there
    see if this helps
    zhangduo.com/Unk…exe
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. GAP Insurance Recommendations11
      2. Any discount for paultons park?22
      3. New Layout is Confusing: How to I navigate to specific items!?56
      4. Ide to sata converter55

See more discussions