Groups

PC help

Banned
    hi guys, basically put together a pc quickly yesterday and i turned it on, however got no display but lots of beeps.

I have built a few pc's in the past, but i didn't really spend any time if i had done anything wrong.

any things just to try before i have a proper search?
    Could it be the memory?

13 Comments

How many beeps?

On my mobo the Ram beeps are a long beep, pause, long beep, pause etc.etc.

Google your motherboard and post errors

Most of the time its memory that causes this. Ensure the correct memory is installed ie correct speed MHz for the motherboard...

Banned

count the number of beeps and their duration

e.g. 2 short beeps followed by 1 long one

And what is your BIOS manufacturer and version - shows on bootup?

Original Poster Banned

it turns on, fans are going on cpu and gfx card, its a beep that lasts for 2-21/2 seconds and every 5 seconds its the same 2-21/2 second beep.

No display

MY guess is RAM, change them around? make sure they're definitely in properly

Banned

Hamm;5711128

it turns on, fans are going on cpu and gfx card, its a beep that lasts … it turns on, fans are going on cpu and gfx card, its a beep that lasts for 2-21/2 seconds and every 5 seconds its the same 2-21/2 second beep.No display

to me, no display indicates graphics card is loose

if it was ram, cpu etc, then you'd still see the bios display albeit briefly

I had this problem, it was the power conector to the graphics card that had come loose, check all your power connectors and it is probably worth reseating (taking out and then putting back in) ram, graphics card, network card etc. this makes sure all connections have good contact, don't forget to check leads to hard drives as well.

Original Poster Banned

i have a display, changed the slot, as it was in the other sli slot.
    now got a display, just gotta make it find my hdd, think its on the wrong master/slave setting.

Take out the graphics card and try boot the PC.
    You won't be able to see anything, but it should boot up ok (ie no beeps) if the problem is with the card.

Original Poster Banned

think its sorted, will be put up for sale in due course, as was put together with some bits i had.

Glad it's sorted.

You're welcome by the way.

Banned

Hamm;5711727

think its sorted, will be put up for sale in due course, as was put … think its sorted, will be put up for sale in due course, as was put together with some bits i had.

wheres my rep then lol :-D

Original Poster Banned

Yes rep being given to all, cheers guys.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions