Groups

PC help Bluetooth drivers for windows 7

Hi folks got a problem with my bluetooth on my laptop. Bought a Dell 1525 Intel centrino pre installed with Vista home Premium about 8 months ago it also has in-built webcam and blutooth. I accidently unistalled the bluetooth driver a while back and was to concerned about it at the time as I wasnt using it much. So I upgraded to Window 7 and got a virus but hadnt creted a restore point so I formatted C: drive and reinstalled Vista premium again and all the drivers but when I go to install the bluetooth driver it says, with a red X. This installer be run Windows vista only. Which is bizarre as it is Windows vista i am installing it to. Anyway I go on with the upgrade and decide I'll look online on some forums for a solution. Anyway, I cant find one. My inbuilt bluetooth device doesnt show up in device manager It doesnt appear show up anywhere on the system. Anyone got any clues?

12 Comments

Have you tried running the driver in compatibility mode? Right click the file and select the compatibility you want via the tab.

Original Poster

Compatabilty mode you mean before I do the upgrade? No

Try looking on Dell support for the correct driver and download it again. Then reinstall. If still problems, use device manager to make sure all bluetooth is removed and then reboot and reinstall manually if it doesnt automatically start installing when booted

is this the link?

support.euro.dell.com/sup…664

Original Poster

marmalade47;7399912

Try looking on Dell support for the correct driver and download it again. … Try looking on Dell support for the correct driver and download it again. Then reinstall. If still problems, use device manager to make sure all bluetooth is removed and then reboot and reinstall manually if it doesnt automatically start installing when bootedis this the link?http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs&releaseid=R140135&SystemID=INS_PNT_PM_1525&servicetag=&os=WLH&osl=en&deviceid=12084&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=1&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=5&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&fileid=188664

I think by memory this is the driver on the disc provide by dell, I shall try this now. Tried it, No joy. Gives same answer The installer be run on Vista only

Familia, Microsoft web state that any driver that work in Vista will work in Windows 7? Remove the driver and any remain as per marmalade suggestion and try again,

Original Poster

Think I may have to call Dell. Not looking forward to this.

See this ]page if you could find a solution. Although this is more related to changing the OS from Vista to XP.

so you have "upgraded" from win7 to vista?, think that might be your problem...

Original Poster

nomeames;7400377

See this ]page if you could find a solution. Although this is more … See this ]page if you could find a solution. Although this is more related to changing the OS from Vista to XP.

This seems to have turned the bluetooth device back on as icon shows on task bar and now shows in device manager need a driver for it now.

Original Poster

maddogb;7401942

so you have "upgraded" from win7 to vista?, think that might be your … so you have "upgraded" from win7 to vista?, think that might be your problem...

Other way round Vista to 7

Familia;7403715

This seems to have turned the bluetooth device back on as icon shows on … This seems to have turned the bluetooth device back on as icon shows on task bar and now shows in device manager need a driver for it now.

]http//su…664

This is for Vista 32 bit OS. Check OS and model before installing.

Original Poster

nomeames;7404365

]http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&releaseid=R140135&SystemID=INS_PNT_PM_1525&servicetag=&os=WLH&osl=en&deviceid=12084&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=1&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=5&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&fileid=188664This is for Vista 32 bit OS. Check OS and model before installing.

I have tried this driver R140135 it doesnt work. The Vista installer is not compatible.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767373
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047149
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2464
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)62482

See more discussions