PC help PLEASE!

Found 27th Jun
So I purchased a Dell Inspiron 5675 which come with Ryzen 5 1400. I have been thinking over the last couple of days and wished I had gone for at least the Ryzen 5 1600. My question is can I upgrade this, if so what would I need?

appreciate all attempts to help a pc beginner out haha.
Community Updates
AskPC
9 Comments
Yep - the x370 motherboard in that pc is quoted by Dell as supporting the 1700X
specs and reference

Dell also have the steps detailed on how to open, remove system fan and replace cpu:
Service manuals

Have to wonder though if you went with the default slow HDD they had in that system, if not you might find the machine a little more responsive when loading with an SSD as your first upgrade.
Edited by: "Bertz99" 27th Jun
Bertz9927th Jun

Yep - the x370 motherboard in that pc is quoted by Dell as supporting the …Yep - the x370 motherboard in that pc is quoted by Dell as supporting the 1700Xspecs and referenceDell also have the steps detailed on how to open, remove system fan and replace cpu:Service manualsHave to wonder though if you went with the default slow HDD they had in that system, if not you might find the machine a little more responsive when loading with an SSD as your first upgrade.

It boots up real quick. And by what you see what would you recommend i place in it, should into the 1600 or go higher. Also I have just ordered ballistix ram I hope there won't be a problem with having the original one and that one together?
damienace1 h, 24 m ago

It boots up real quick. And by what you see what would you recommend i …It boots up real quick. And by what you see what would you recommend i place in it, should into the 1600 or go higher. Also I have just ordered ballistix ram I hope there won't be a problem with having the original one and that one together?

Honestly, if you have just got the machine and in first using not finding it suitable then perhaps this isn't the machine for you and instead of replacing components perhaps it would be better using your distance rights.

As to slow you are not saying where you are finding it slow precisely. As advertised as a gaming machine is it in games? You also do not say which variant you have beyond the processor so hard to tell which graphics card which is the most important component for games.

Likewise with memory you haven't specified which precisely although it opens another can of worms and as under the first part of me wondering what you have purchased matching your requirements in the first instance.
Bertz9927th Jun

Honestly, if you have just got the machine and in first using not finding …Honestly, if you have just got the machine and in first using not finding it suitable then perhaps this isn't the machine for you and instead of replacing components perhaps it would be better using your distance rights.As to slow you are not saying where you are finding it slow precisely. As advertised as a gaming machine is it in games? You also do not say which variant you have beyond the processor so hard to tell which graphics card which is the most important component for games.Likewise with memory you haven't specified which precisely although it opens another can of worms and as under the first part of me wondering what you have purchased matching your requirements in the first instance.

The PC I'm really happy with I'm just thinking for future these upgrades are necessary. The specs arenas follows...

Ryzen 5 1400 (wanting to upgrade to 1600 or more when necessar)
8gb DDR4 ram (ordered another 8GB ddr4)
AMD RX580 graphics
255gb SSD
1tb HD

I paid like 560 for the machine which in happy with. My upgrades I'm planning are all based for future when the time is right. Your thoughts?
It is a reasonable machine and having the ssd is why you are not finding slow - the base model without is heavily critised as the hdd, even compared to other hdds, is considered slow.

A 1600 is rated at 18% performance increase overall to the 1400 Userbenchmark (there are other takes on that) although in games the difference would be less. When you come to change Dell may have released support for 2nd gen ryzen - at time to change you will know better. Dell do not support the overclocking variants though - there is a way to do it but lose on restarting I believe.

You have the better graphics card in the range although that could be replaced and get a more significant increase in gaming - if that is what you were seeking.
Edited by: "Bertz99" 27th Jun
Bertz9927th Jun

It is a reasonable machine and having the ssd is why you are not finding …It is a reasonable machine and having the ssd is why you are not finding slow - the base model without is heavily critised as the hdd, even compared to other hdds, is considered slow.A 1600 is rated at 18% performance increase overall to the 1400 Userbenchmark (there are other takes on that) although in games the difference would be less. When you come to change Dell may have released support for 2nd gen ryzen - at time to change you will know better. Dell do not support the overclocking variants though - there is a way to do it but lose on restarting I believe.You have the better graphics card in the range although that could be replaced and get a more significant increase in gaming - if that is what you were seeking.

I think that nicely sums it up. Right now I play PUB and squad and will be playing possible scriptom when it gets released next month. I think the main priority now is getting that 16GB ram. That should help. And be sufficient for the games I play. Later on I will look at upgrading that Ryzen 5 1400.
I guess you could upgrade to Ryzen 5 2600?
Cisco06060636 m ago

I guess you could upgrade to Ryzen 5 2600?

Yes that's my plan, insuoupdnbe ok with 1400 for a little longer for now right?
If you want a 2000 series, have to hope it gets supported in the wretched OEM BIOS
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants