Groups

PC help please

I am after a new pc as mine is 5 years old what would you recommend?

I have seen this on Ebayer is it any good ?

My budget is £550 MAX

ebuyer.com/pro…623

9 Comments

What are you after? The one you linked to has a good processor but small hard drive and low power graphics card and short warranty, is this the sort of machine you want?

you would get a much better machine if you build it your self for the same money

Original Poster

i am after a good fast processor but also a power full graphic card (IE) Gaming

busfan001;7777533

i am after a good fast processor but also a power full graphic card (IE) … i am after a good fast processor but also a power full graphic card (IE) Gaming

Then you definitely don't want a G210, it's the absolute bottom end. You should be looking at a 4770/4850 or above, 5750 or above or GTS 250 or above.

The recent ]Q8200 + 4850 for £405 is a great deal for the price, you could probably get something a bit better in your budget if you spent further towards the top end of it though.

agree with EndlessWaves on GPU but would you build yourself as you can get a lot better if you did that, and its really not that hard with easy to follow walkthought on the net

Original Poster

Thanks for the info:thumbsup:

EndlessWaves;7782194

Then you definitely don't want a G210, it's the absolute bottom end. You … Then you definitely don't want a G210, it's the absolute bottom end. You should be looking at a 4770/4850 or above, 5750 or above or GTS 250 or above.The recent ]Q8200 + 4850 for £405 is a great deal for the price, you could probably get something a bit better in your budget if you spent further towards the top end of it though.

I would say (being apple fan boy) go for an imac then boot camp for games I know I will get a lot of bad rep for this comment but its just a suggestion. PC fan boys, don't take it as a threat. Seriously

EDIT: used imac, obviously

DealHunter1306;7852328

I would say (being apple fan boy) go for an imac then boot camp for games … I would say (being apple fan boy) go for an imac then boot camp for games I know I will get a lot of bad rep for this comment but its just a suggestion. PC fan boys, don't take it as a threat. Seriously

That was a bad mode for an Apple fan boy, as you've just set the iMac up to be mocked for only getting close to the performance of a £405 machine in games when you spend £1,500 on it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …110240
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764520
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?31125
      4. New Nintendo 3DS XL – SNES Edition available in UK from October56

See more discussions