PC help plz windows xp wont start

as above says-
    previous start up was interupted due to a power failure
    options shown are-

safe mode
    safe mode with networking
    safe mode with command prompt
    start windows normaly

It will only let me choose last option, wont allow me to scroll to other options,
    Then when I choose last option it just wont load and goes back to same page.

PLZ help xx

16 Comments

Do you have a windows disc, If you do you can boot from the disc and choose the repair option,

sounds like you may have to do repair install, place your XP in the CD drive and select to boot from it. Select a repair install, sounds like you have corrupted files due to file outage

sounds like some install files have been damaged, you could put the winxp disk in and run a repair that will replace any missing files, you sure this pc is virus free, have you turned the pc off (at the wall)then start up and not just a restart (using the restart button).if that does not claer it then try the repair, hope this helps

Jools

Original Poster

i n o but will loose kids saves and will have to reinstall internet wont I?
    have t rex disc

Do You Have A Usb Keyboard If So Try A Ps2(old Type) One It Will Allow You To Choose Another Option

What rappy said.

Original Poster

raptorcigs;6032164

Do You Have A Usb Keyboard If So Try A Ps2(old Type) One It Will Allow … Do You Have A Usb Keyboard If So Try A Ps2(old Type) One It Will Allow You To Choose Another Option

no its not

I have t rex
    and system and driver cd
    and windows service pack2

which should i use ?

Use Win Xp Disk

If You Can Torrent A Winternals Disk You Wont Regret It

Original Poster

raptorcigs;6032250

Use Win Xp Disk

service pack wouldnt start, have put in t-rex which is the disc i got with the computer, fingers crossed:thumbsup:

sounds like unmountable boot volume

Sounds Like Dammaged Boot Sectors Too Maybe A Chkdsk Wouldent Go A Miss

ubcd4win.com or something....u got access to a working pc with a cd burner... u need that to make the ultimate boot cd for windows...

oh ya chkdsk defo... first thing to do.

chkdsk /f /r... but they need to get to the comand prompt with a bootable cd first... ubcd4win is really good as it has loads of excellent recovery software too... if chkdsk does not resolve the issue.

Original Poster

Xiwt;6032333

ubcd4win.com or something....u got access to a working pc with a cd … ubcd4win.com or something....u got access to a working pc with a cd burner... u need that to make the ultimate boot cd for windows...

yes thanks got access to working pc will have a look if this disc got running at the moment doesnt work
    says it is restoreing the IDE primary master

Original Poster

raptorcigs;6032266

If You Can Torrent A Winternals Disk You Wont Regret It

Thanks for advice :thumbsup:

Is fixed back to new swtate it will take me all day to put programs back on lol,
    Rep left for all thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. sky q is it a good deal?55
      2. Speccing a gaming pc37
      3. help: windows 10 wifi issue55
      4. Best IPTV Paid service?1721

See more discussions