Groups

PC hopefully working again ......replaced PSU

So as some of you you probs know , me an lyns have had an issue with this auld pc we have , changed the ram to 1gb from 256 , changed heatsink and fan , then the trouble started after hoovering the PC. anyway kept switching off at random times but not giving a heat warning ....PSU was 350W

borrowed a PSU out of me mams old pc , worked fine last night but today wouldnt work , went off when lynds was on here today . Anyhoo couldnt get it to come back on , It was a 250w PSU . I think i have blown it cos went and paid £15 for a new one 450 w and appears to be working ok now .....touch wood .....dont know why but I thought you should know cos i am over the moon

29 Comments

Problems appeared after hoovering??? Bad move as it could be static discharge that has fried something.

Original Poster

harlzter;2983541

Problems appeared after hoovering??? Bad move as it could be static … Problems appeared after hoovering??? Bad move as it could be static discharge that has fried something.

well the sound has been dodgy aswell for about a year as in cant turn the volume up and down via speakers , have to do from the volume icon. now though since reconnecting there is a humming crackly type noise from the speakers ...I am really sicked off now as probs a soundcard needed ......aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhh:x

Original Poster

harlzter;2983541

Problems appeared after hoovering??? Bad move as it could be static … Problems appeared after hoovering??? Bad move as it could be static discharge that has fried something.

I was gentle .....:oops:

Next thread will start ......Anyone have an old soundcard they dont require as they have upgraded :whistling:

alnbowes;2983560

well the sound has been dodgy aswell for about a year as in cant turn the … well the sound has been dodgy aswell for about a year as in cant turn the volume up and down via speakers , have to do from the volume icon. now though since reconnecting there is a humming crackly type noise from the speakers ...I am really sicked off now as probs a soundcard needed ......aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhh:x

I feel for you and Lynds. My boyfriend gets really angry if his computer breaks and he can't fix, and especially when you fix one bit and then something else needs fixing. Good on you for trying tho. :thumbsup:

alnbowes;2983574

I was gentle .....:oops:Next thread will start ......Anyone have an old … I was gentle .....:oops:Next thread will start ......Anyone have an old soundcard they dont require as they have upgraded :whistling:

Will ask OH as he has loads of computer bits, duno what it looks like tho.

Original Poster

Emma-lee;2983615

Will ask OH as he has loads of computer bits, duno what it looks like tho.

Much appreciated , rep added in advance , cheers hears hoping :thumbsup:

alnbowes;2983639

Much appreciated , rep added in advance , cheers hears hoping :thumbsup:

He is not back until Friday tho, can you tell me what i'm looking for?

Original Poster

oh an another thing , You know I have just started delivering on a fri to earn some needed dosh .......my bleedin exhaust has started blowing today ......I dont beleive it ! on the way back from newcastle i noticed the steering wheel vibrating as pulling away and engine soounded louder ....put window down ......cursed very loud :x

The joys eh ?:whistling:

Original Poster

Emma-lee;2983649

He is not back until Friday tho, can you tell me what i'm looking for?

I dont know , a soundcard ,It had 3 holes the size of what a set of small headphones would fit in at the rear of the PC in , usually coloured green Pink and yellow i think

got a board thing with 4 holes, blue, pink, green, black

Original Poster

Emma-lee;2983673

got a box of bits in front of me, some board thingys???

usually about the same size as a wallet (maybe a bit bigger )

Original Poster

Emma-lee;2983680

got a board thing with 4 holes, blue, pink, green, black

any names on it (referring to sound )

PhearFactor;2983690

http://www.demital.com/pictures/soundcard.jpghttp://lp.pcmoddingmy.com/albums/userpics/Abit/AW9DMAX/6.jpgSimilar to these two, the ports on the back and the colours.

yep thats it - you want it? don't know if its any good, and the OH half won't miss it

alnbowes;2983688

any names on it (referring to sound )

genius - made in china, its got a barcode on the back

oops, hope your computer hasn't turned off again, you seem to have disappeared

Anyways if you want it which you can have for free PM your address and i'll send it tomorrow. You probably drove past my house today on your way home. Lynds said you live in Peterlee

Original Poster

Emma-lee;2983697

yep thats it - you want it? don't know if its any good, and the OH half … yep thats it - you want it? don't know if its any good, and the OH half won't miss it

yes please .......I live at £%^&%$^*&%$*^&*
    %^**%^*%^*%$*
    %^&*%*%*
    %^*$%^*%*%^*£%^*
    %^&£%^&

Original Poster

Emma-lee;2983735

oops, hope your computer hasn't turned off again, you seem to have … oops, hope your computer hasn't turned off again, you seem to have disappeared

here still

okay i thought your computer died

Original Poster

Emma-lee;2983749

Anyways if you want it which you can have for free PM your address and … Anyways if you want it which you can have for free PM your address and i'll send it tomorrow. You probably drove past my house today on your way home. Lynds said you live in Peterlee

Easington , where you at like

Am i supposed to see your address, cos i can't its just symbols

low fell, near the angel of the north

Original Poster

Emma-lee;2983774

Am i supposed to see your address, cos i can't its just symbols

Joke , I will give you the addy via pm ....

Working in Newcastle Thurs and friday again , City centre

Original Poster

Emma-lee;2983780

low fell, near the angel of the north

aye me mate works in Team Valley , sometimes i do also

Would say i'd meet you but i'm working in Gosforth and you'll get it Thurs if i send tomorrow.
    joke huh?:oops: missed that one :roll:

small world hey, now all you need is an exhaust, sorry to say i don't have one of them floating around.
    Off out for a bit have a good night x

Original Poster

Emma-lee;2983810

Would say i'd meet you but i'm working in Gosforth and you'll get it … Would say i'd meet you but i'm working in Gosforth and you'll get it Thurs if i send tomorrow. joke huh?:oops: missed that one :roll:

the Joke was that i pput symbols in .....wouldnt really put my addy on here lol

Post is Fine thanks your right , would get her quicker

Many Thanks Emma Lee

Original Poster

Thanks for the soundcard my fried , got it through this morning , the wife says it arrived in the post :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?611
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424014473
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826350
      4. word association Game73844457

See more discussions