Pc issues

Found 9th Dec 2017
I have eventually got round to building my ibt19 nano pc, I have a new ssd drive and memory.

however the PC seems to crash after a while and attempts automatic repairs which fail, I reinstalled Windows yesterday and today I'm getting the same problem

Memtest has came back with no errors

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
Temperature?
The temperature is about 40'c doesn't go much higher

Something seems to be corrupting the ssd
What are you powering this pc off ?
It has its own power adaptor similar to a laptop one that it came with
How long did you let memtest run for? An hour?

Have you checked for BIOS/Firmware updates for the computer and SSD?
It was running nearly 5 hours

I have updated the motherboards bios but I have not tried the ssd yet
Memtest is now showing errors on pass 4/4 test 10 bit fade test 2 patterns 1 cpu

It's generating the errors nonstop and is upto 345600

Is this relating to the actual ram itself or cpu memory?
Cpu has no memory so its your RAM . Try it with one stick to see which is faulty.
Try posting your fullPC specs as there may be some incompatabilitys eg ram/mobo/cpu speeds voltage
Thanks I will get the specs soon I'll have to dig them out it a a foxconn ibt-19 I bought a while back

I have another stick of ram in my laptop that I will try

The ram I have is brand new apparently from Ebay
rumuk1 h, 18 m ago

Thanks I will get the specs soon I'll have to dig them out it a a foxconn …Thanks I will get the specs soon I'll have to dig them out it a a foxconn ibt-19 I bought a while backI have another stick of ram in my laptop that I will tryThe ram I have is brand new apparently from Ebay

Definitely have the right ram for it ?
GwanGy1 h, 30 m ago

Cpu has no memory so its your RAM . Try it with one stick to see which is …Cpu has no memory so its your RAM . Try it with one stick to see which is faulty.Try posting your fullPC specs as there may be some incompatabilitys eg ram/mobo/cpu speeds voltage

It does have memory (aka cache) but it's very rare for CPUs to fail. Memory errors are almost always down to the motherboard or the ram sticks themselves.
yes the CPU has three levels of cache l1, l2 and l3 all three of which help in speeding up computing as they are many times faster than "main" memory .
It is unheard of that cache fails on a CPU, whilst the CPU is still functioning .
laptop memory and desktop memory are incompatible and wont even look the same (size).
Quote "One SO-DIMM Socket support DDR3L 1333MHz up to 8GB" ......hmmmm Ebay memory
try this page nbt119 memorys
Thanks I'll take a look at that i installed some. Different ram I had and it booted up okay everything seems okay but the start menu in Windows 10 sometimes fails to open

I am running Memtest again and it looked like it has frozen at test 3 but when I brought up the menu on the software it allowed myself to continue with the test
Working much better with the 4gb stick I had although a little sluggish

Memtest came back fine with the 4gb stick

I contacted the seller on ebay for a return and he said I bought the wrong one ddr3 1.35

But I needed the ddr3l 1.35 equivalent can you get 1.35v ddr3?

Thanks very much
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants