Pc military strategy game

Posted 27th Oct
Hello... just wondered people’s opinions on war strategy games for pc? any recommendations would be greatful

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

19 Comments
Can’t go wrong with Command & Conquer or Age of Empires 2. Classics
Thanks man sudden strike looks pretty decent too
R.U.S.E is another decent one...
Nostradamus100827/10/2019 09:40

Can’t go wrong with Command & Conquer or Age of Empires 2. Classics

I wouldn't recommend something that old to a new player.Not only are you likely to have trouble getting it working, they're a lot lumpier to play by modern standards.

Even the original Crusader Kings is really janky and would take a while to get used to.

@Pipey84 What do you mean by 'military/war'? Very few strategy games are entirely combat-free so are you looking for something beyond that? e.g. combat-only with no other aspects or themed around modern organised militaries?
EndlessWaves27/10/2019 09:49

I wouldn't recommend something that old to a new player.Not only are you …I wouldn't recommend something that old to a new player.Not only are you likely to have trouble getting it working, they're a lot lumpier to play by modern standards. Even the original Crusader Kings is really janky and would take a while to get used to. @Pipey84 What do you mean by 'military/war'? Very few strategy games are entirely combat-free so are you looking for something beyond that? e.g. combat-only with no other aspects or themed around modern organised militaries?

Yeah mate but of everything really, just strategy in general like I said about sudden strike and anon 1404 for example... just a quality strategy game I can enjoy and sink hours into it...
Command and conquer that was a amazing game back in the day!
Total war series, my personal fav was medieval 2
Sudden Strike 4 and Company of Heroes 2 are pretty good
Total war Rome, Android & pc
"War" strategy would typically imply realism - is that what you had in mind?

I very much enjoy plenty of strategy games, both RTS and TBS, though not typically those tending towards realism. The C&C, AoE and Warcraft series are all old standbys, then more recent standlone entries like Northgard and Grey Goo have also been great.

I've meant to try to get into the Total War series at some point, but never quite managed it.
Counter strike never gets old
Johnnffc27/10/2019 11:13

Counter strike never gets old

Not really what most would call a "strategy" game though
Edited by: "Illusionary" 27th Oct
Illusionary27/10/2019 11:30

Not really what most would call a "strategy" game though

I know but still a good game
I'd throw civilisation in there, not exactly war as such, though I usually end up being the equivalent of Hitler :/
Thanks everyone hooking my new pc up tonight so will have a good look on cd keys and fanatical etc
Supreme commander and the forged alliance expansion, 2 isn't anywhere near as good.
Illusionary27/10/2019 10:46

"War" strategy would typically imply realism - is that what you had in …"War" strategy would typically imply realism - is that what you had in mind?I very much enjoy plenty of strategy games, both RTS and TBS, though not typically those tending towards realism. The C&C, AoE and Warcraft series are all old standbys, then more recent standlone entries like Northgard and Grey Goo have also been great.I've meant to try to get into the Total War series at some point, but never quite managed it.

Yeah mate.. and total war is looking like a good choice for me looking at reviews on YouTube I’ll end up spending lots to find the right game no doubt lol
try company of heroes you will get it cheap and there is an awsome mod called eastern front.
The second one(COH") is hard work tho, i have it and rarely play.
maddogb28/10/2019 12:11

try company of heroes you will get it cheap and there is an awsome mod …try company of heroes you will get it cheap and there is an awsome mod called eastern front.The second one(COH") is hard work tho, i have it and rarely play.

I’ll have a look mate thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants