Groups
    EXPIRED

PC Monitor help?

Looking at getting a new set up for my desk in my room. I currently have an old iMac and a tv (xbox and built in digital) on my desk and want to de clutter it and hopefully just use one screen.

Looking at a AOC 27” IPS display and just wondering if what I want to do is possible as I’m not very knowledgeable with this kind of stuff.

The plan would be to connect my xbox 360 via hdmi, a hd freeview box via hdmi and then use it as a screen for a Macbook pro (thunderbolt to vga) or dual screens when needed, just switch between the different sources.

Is this possible?

Thanks

2 Comments

I haven't looked into monitors recently but I did read this article.

pcgamer.com/the…rs/

Down the right hand side and within the article it could give you some information on the type of monitor your looking for i suppose.

Quick look into that monitor you chose "AOC 27” IPS" nice screen for that price, double check it has all the connections you want it to have or you'll be considering splitters down the line. Also some reviewers says the sound it plays isn't the best quality so factor in how you listen to the Xbox and if this matters to you?

Original Poster

Kyhas

I haven't looked into monitors recently but I did read this … I haven't looked into monitors recently but I did read this article.http://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-gaming-monitors/Down the right hand side and within the article it could give you some information on the type of monitor your looking for i suppose.Quick look into that monitor you chose "AOC 27” IPS" nice screen for that price, double check it has all the connections you want it to have or you'll be considering splitters down the line. Also some reviewers says the sound it plays isn't the best quality so factor in how you listen to the Xbox and if this matters to you?

Thanks for taking the time to comment, that article is interesting. I think it has all the connections I need. I'm on a budget so the AOC monitor seems suitable. The main thing was if the digital box would work and if I connected the macbook via vga would it be 1080p/hd. Once again, thanks.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would28111
      2. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway22
      3. Underrated/unappreciated movies.2841
      4. word association Game74044555

See more discussions