PC not recognizing SanDisk 8gb SDHC card

Found 9th Nov 2008
I have a SanDisk 8Gb SDHC card. Until the other day it has been working perfectly by plugging it into my computer using the USB adapter. Starting the other day my computer can't find it any more. I have rebooted and restarted with no changes. Any suggestions? The USB slot reader CAN find other USB devices. I'm using XP.

2 Comments

Banned

I was reading something about this earlier, something about xp not recognising the SDHC bit but think that was in a card reader

Try it in another card reader. Also, is the computer asking for drivers? I know XP is supposed to have the drivers, but it might be worth locating drivers. Before you do any of this, why not do a System Restore to the day (or before) you know the system was working correctly.

If this fails. Can you try it in another computer? If the problem still exists, then it is a faulty SDHC card.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. PlayStation VR is the number 1 selling product on Amazon right now11
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7771752
    3. Sky VIP free tickets alert77
    4. Brexit: Euro zone economy set for best year in a decade as UK registers wor…1324

See more discussions