PC or PS3 for Ultimate Racing Set up ???

Banned 13 replies
Found 23rd Aug 2010
I am going to build the ultimate racing set up with 3 or 4 monitors, racing seat, steering wheels, pedals etc and maybe hydraulics on the seat etc tooo...

I mainly want this for F1 2010 but would love for it to work on GT5 (if it ever gets released).

I was thinking PC would be easier to get multiple monitor support but could it be done with the PS3?

1. Misc
  2. PC
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. PC
13 Comments

GT5 multi monitor confirmed, and some PS3 set ups (inc youtube vid embedded). Sorry about the long link:

googleads.sgdoubleclick.net/pag…Btv

mrpremium

Somthing like … Somthing like thishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q17PCnCcIyA&feature=search

niiice

this was in a related vid kept lmao

youtube.com/wat…ted

Johnboy_1975

GT5 multi monitor confirmed, and some PS3 set ups (inc youtube vid … GT5 multi monitor confirmed, and some PS3 set ups (inc youtube vid embedded). Sorry about the long link:http://googleads.sgdoubleclick.net/pagead/nclk?sa=L&ai=1&fadurl=googleads.g.doubleclick.net&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gtplanet.net%2Fforum%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D124200&aclck=http%3A%2F%2Fsupersearchnet.com%2Findex.php%3Fsearch%3Dgt5%2Bmulti%2Btv

Would you need 3 copies of the game on top of 3 PS3s, or would 1 suffice with a netwrok cable or wireless lan?

Original Poster Banned

Johnboy_1975

Would you need 3 copies of the game on top of 3 PS3s, or would 1 suffice … Would you need 3 copies of the game on top of 3 PS3s, or would 1 suffice with a netwrok cable or wireless lan?

This was one of my questions too? How would you connect all three monitors?

If I also added hydraulics how would the hydraulics know where to move? is there a system for this?

these were pretty cool when I had ago on it in 2009

visionracer.com/

How would you connect all three monitors?

You would need 3 ps3s, each connected to a TV.

Original Poster Banned

I did see this in ebay... but no multi monitor add ons...

Original Poster Banned

For anyone that's interested, I've opted go for a HD projector and 60" screen instead of multiple monitors. Have bought TWO recaro racing seats off ebay for £100 the pair.

Building it all this weekend.... Should be fun

Banned

mrpremium

For anyone that's interested, I've opted go for a HD projector and 60" … For anyone that's interested, I've opted go for a HD projector and 60" screen instead of multiple monitors. Have bought TWO recaro racing seats off ebay for £100 the pair. Building it all this weekend.... Should be fun

Pictures needed. Shame you couldn't have gone for a bigger screen mind.

Original Poster Banned

master_chief

Pictures needed. Shame you couldn't have gone for a bigger screen mind.

Funnily enough after reading the projector I've bought can handle 1080p at 120" I've gone for a 90" instead.... The screen was the same price so no brainer

Banned

mrpremium

Funnily enough after reading the projector I've bought can handle 1080p … Funnily enough after reading the projector I've bought can handle 1080p at 120" I've gone for a 90" instead.... The screen was the same price so no brainer

That's more like it. I've played games on a 100" plus screen and it's awesome.

I'm sure the PS3 exclusive, GT5, will look great on it (upscaled or not) when it comes out.

mrpremium

For anyone that's interested, I've opted go for a HD projector and 60" … For anyone that's interested, I've opted go for a HD projector and 60" screen instead of multiple monitors. Have bought TWO recaro racing seats off ebay for £100 the pair. Building it all this weekend.... Should be fun

just standard recaro seats? What about mounting plates for the wheel and pedals etc?
Edited by: "numptyj" 25th Aug 2010
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I just found out that I have been paying £65 p/m to sky for tv/broadband/la…88
    2. GoPro Hero 5 Black33
    3. spam regarding paypal33
    4. Best tablet around the £60 mark66

See more discussions