PC people, gamers and experts. I need your help please!

So looking to get a new pc. I ideally would like pre built one because I've never built/put together a pc before but if it's easy to do then I won't mind building it myself.

I need everything including a monitor. My budget is a £1000 though could go over if needed but Ideally don't want to. Also Ideally the lower the better. I don't need it to be overkill. Just good enough to play latest games at max or high and to be bit future proof (easy to change parts) I will be using it for gaming, movies and internet. )

What's peoples thoughs on this? Minus the monitor becasue that monitor is apparently crap

uk.pcpartpicker.com/lis…Xyf

8 Comments

IMO, you'll get the best value if you buy a 6-12 month old second hand system from ebay for ~£400-£500.

Get the monitor you want (£~250?) and spend the rest (£250-350) in a years time on a graphics card upgrade, or whatever is the bottleneck in the system.
Edited by: "pjh4" 13th Oct 2016

Buy a PS4 pro decent screen and a vr headset ?

If your going to build yourself one I'd advise keeping an eye on Amazon warehouse. I picked up a top gaming monitor worth £600 for just over £200 the other day and also a graphics card with similar discount. It is luck that you spot them though but if your patient and have time to keep looking you should be able to bag some bargains

As for your bundle that you've put together I have a few thoughts;

- you've not got an optical drive of any sort,
- windows is free?
- you have a micro atx motherboard but it looks like an ATX case. You could probably get an ATX board in there instead and give yourself more room to put bits.
- GTX 1060 is probably ok for now on 1080p gaming but I wouldn't call it future proof. Right now, things are starting to move to 1440p and 4k gaming and even top end cards struggle there at the moment.
- I dont see a CPU cooler on your list
- For the sake of £50 or £60 I would personally pick up a small SSD drive too. Stick windows on there and you'll be pleased with the better performance. It'll leave your 2tb drive just for your apps and games too rather than sharing space with windows.

Original Poster

sparx1981

As for your bundle that you've put together I have a few thoughts;- … As for your bundle that you've put together I have a few thoughts;- you've not got an optical drive of any sort, - windows is free?- you have a micro atx motherboard but it looks like an ATX case. You could probably get an ATX board in there instead and give yourself more room to put bits.- GTX 1060 is probably ok for now on 1080p gaming but I wouldn't call it future proof. Right now, things are starting to move to 1440p and 4k gaming and even top end cards struggle there at the moment.- I dont see a CPU cooler on your list- For the sake of £50 or £60 I would personally pick up a small SSD drive too. Stick windows on there and you'll be pleased with the better performance. It'll leave your 2tb drive just for your apps and games too rather than sharing space with windows.

I didn't put that together. What about this one? Thinking about right now I just want a good gaming cmputer that can play latest games on max and is easy to uprgrade. If i go for one below I want to swap the black case for this one:

uk.pcpartpicker.com/pro…tsw

uk.pcpartpicker.com/use…ed/
Edited by: "Cantona007" 13th Oct 2016

ssd is definitely essential these days. 1060 6gb is a good choice, and for 1080p 60hz should last a long time.

As longback2 & sparx1981 said, you should definitely get an SSD. Maybe a 240GB SSD for the operating system and a few games, then a 1TB or 2TB for the bulk of your games. Whatever you do, get an SSD for the OS! Difference is night and day

Regarding the GPU, I'm using a MSI GTX 970 at the moment which I got recently for £220 and it plays everything I've thrown at it great on high/highest settings (1080p) BUT it's not very future proof and will need upgrading eventually. Depending on your budget I would be tempted to get a 1070. It also depends whether you're bothered about VR and 4K.

If you have a bit left over for a nice mechanical keyboard and gaming mouse that would be a bonus, neither are too expensive these days.

Edited by: "gamestraderjames" 13th Oct 2016

Original Poster

Not boghered with VR and for 4k not at the moment.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!01
    2. Need a good courier - any help please :)33
    3. flamedeer55
    4. Any discount for paultons park?44

See more discussions