Groups

PC Power Supply Help

The power supply on my PC is on its way out, the fan sounds like its about to just give in so i need a new power supply.

ive found the same on on ebay (cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/…dll?ViewItem&item=120307935690&cguid=06ecbe2211d0a0aad3928ce2ff129418)

however i think thats a tad expensive. can someone help me find a cheeper one which is similar to this? ive seen some however i dont know if these are all universal? and can i put a 300watt one in when the current one is 280?

this is one ive seen: cgi.ebay.co.uk/300…318

thanks in advance

6 Comments

6.95 sounds like a reasonable price, of course the same amount on postage is what makes it unreasonable! lol....You should be able to get these from discount PC stores for under a tenner. I wouldnt see any obvious barrier in using a 300W, just as long as the number of power connections on it are enough to accommodate the devices you need to power, which it probably will have anyway but always a good idea to check these things before you buy.

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;3343372

6.95 sounds like a reasonable price, of course the same amount on postage … 6.95 sounds like a reasonable price, of course the same amount on postage is what makes it unreasonable! lol....You should be able to get these from discount PC stores for under a tenner. I wouldnt see any obvious barrier in using a 300W, just as long as the number of power connections on it are enough to accommodate the devices you need to power, which it probably will have anyway but always a good idea to check these things before you buy.

got the same cables i think, just need to know if it'll fit ok in my case now

Check out this one, its £10.50 delivered from eBuyer.

]http//ww…083

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;3343395

Check out this one, its £10.50 delivered from … Check out this one, its £10.50 delivered from eBuyer.]http://www.ebuyer.com/product/20083

think ill go for that, thans mate. repped :thumbsup:

no probs. Cheers.:thumbsup:

FSP = Fortran Sparkle Power, which is a very good brand so if you've got one of those currently I'd be wary about replacing it with a cheaper one of a similar rating as it's going to deliver less power.

If you can find that FSP model elsewhere for a similar price (there's no telling if the ebay one is fake or not) then I'd go for that, a power supply is a pretty important PC part as everything else is connected to it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sold item on eBay from UK - buyer from USA22
      2. Speccing a gaming pc412
      3. Ps4 slim how much should I charge 2nd hand.712
      4. Legal advice?45

See more discussions