Groups

PC problem

Hi I just purchased ADMI GTX 1060 GAMING PC: High-End VR Ready Gaming Desktop Computer: Intel Core I5-6400 2.7Ghz Quad Core CPU / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 4K VR Ready Graphics Card / 1600MHz DDR3 RAM / 1TB Hard Drive / 500W PSU Bronze Rated / HD Audio / USB 3.0 / HDMI/4K Ultra HD Support / VR / Oculus Support / Kolink Punisher White Gaming Case / Pre-Installed with Windows 10

there is 1 USB 2.0 port & 1 USB 3.0 port on the top of the PC & for some reason no matter what I plug into them it does not find any devices...I'm unfortunately not too computer savvy please if anyone can help? Many Thanks

14 Comments

Did you plug the lead going from to case into the motherboard?
    The lead and the slot will likely look like this

http://i.imgur.com/qYqfU9r.jpg

Do you have any devices with lights on, so you can check for power, even if there not being detected ? Highly likely that there not plugged or or come loose. Can you open your case, to have a look. amazon.co.uk/ADM…JIS
    Edited by: "Millionvoltage" 2nd Sep 2016

A shame you didn't buy an SSD hard drive, Its basically a memory HD which is quicker to access that standard platter hard disks, Make that your next purchase when you can. Since the better is up and running, Install Battlefield 1 beta and set it to Ultra or high and have a run around, you can see what your 1060 is capable of.

Original Poster

Millionvoltage

Do you have any devices with lights on, so you can check for power, even … Do you have any devices with lights on, so you can check for power, even if there not being detected ? Highly likely that there not plugged or or come loose. Can you open your case, to have a look. https://www.amazon.co.uk/ADMI-GTX-1060-GAMING-Pre-Installed/dp/B01IPOHJIS

​Hi the PC came pre built.

Original Poster

Millionvoltage

A shame you didn't buy an SSD hard drive, Its basically a memory HD which … A shame you didn't buy an SSD hard drive, Its basically a memory HD which is quicker to access that standard platter hard disks, Make that your next purchase when you can. Since the better is up and running, Install Battlefield 1 beta and set it to Ultra or high and have a run around, you can see what your 1060 is capable of.

​hi yes I have a few divices with lights but I don't want to open the case & void any warranty. was hoping it was a software issue.

It will be a loose lead I would of thought. Worth taking the side off just to check as its an easy fix if it is that just push the cable in securely if not then the cable maybe faulty.

I'd check device manager as well to see if it has any errors.

This is I believe your computer www.amazon.co.uk%2FADMI-GTX-1060-GAMING-Pre-Installed%2Fdp%2FB01IPOHJIS , so it was probably delivered in a box. Check to see if it has any, If removed Warranty broken stickers or Phone or contact the company and ask as said above about the warranty and the loose cable, or explain as it isn't work as described, can you have a replacement. Its a easy fix, you can do your self WITH THE MAINS POWER WALL SWITCH OFF BUT THE POWER MAINS LEAD PLUGGED IN as to earth yourself.

Try plugging the devices into the back rather than on top, there should by USB ports at the back on the io board, if they work then it's probably been built by a rookie who doesn't know to plug in the case USB as per the first reply

Did your pc come with any drivers(a disk with software on it) it could be a motherboard driver problem. do the usb ports on the back of the tower work? if it's just the case I would open it and check the wires. they won't be able to tell if you open the case so it won't void your warranty.

Original Poster

brendanhickey

Did your pc come with any drivers(a disk with software on it) it could be … Did your pc come with any drivers(a disk with software on it) it could be a motherboard driver problem. do the usb ports on the back of the tower work? if it's just the case I would open it and check the wires. they won't be able to tell if you open the case so it won't void your warranty.

​Yes the usb ports on the back are all working. I have installed all driver discs provided. When I go to device manager there is no faults bit I'm not sure how many devices should be visible in Device manager. I am going to leave it over the weekend & ring them through the week.

Thanks very much to everyone for the help.

gmurdock80

​Yes the usb ports on the back are all working. I have installed all d … ​Yes the usb ports on the back are all working. I have installed all driver discs provided. When I go to device manager there is no faults bit I'm not sure how many devices should be visible in Device manager. I am going to leave it over the weekend & ring them through the week. Thanks very much to everyone for the help.

​Any driver issues in device manager would be high lighted with an exclaimation mark. I would contact the seller and explain the problem. Tell them you have checked device manager so it's not a driver issue.

Updates?

Original Poster

Hi yes to update everyone i sent the pc back & they told me there was 4 broken pins in the motherboard which the company replaced. Thanks everyone.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sky or virgin33
      2. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2330
      3. Which android box?510
      4. Upgrading qacoustic speaker setup34

See more discussions