PC PSU fan replacement

Posted 2nd Jun
My light use office PC has a Coolermaster iGreen 600W PSU. The PSU fan has reached it end of life as it is making grinding noises even after lubrication.

The PSU is a Coolermaster iGreen 600W and the (Bad) stock fan- Coolermaster A12025-25BB-2AN-P1 /120mm x 25mm / 12V 0.47A / 93cfm 2600rpm 47dbA

I can't find the same fan to replace it, or even the same specs so I was wondering what is important for me to look at?

Please could you kindly post links of any budget / midrange fans that are compatible with this PSU?

Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
deleted2117661
just buy a new psu, no point of potentially frying something
Replacing the fan is dangerous as the psu will hold a charge even when off for days so one false move and you'll fry yourself
Edited by: "emodan" 2nd Jun
deleted211766102/06/2020 11:04

Also PSU's can give a nasty/dangerous electric shock even when unplugged. Some big capacitors in them. (I know, bleed resistors etc)
Thanks guys i have fully discharged and grounded the PCB and caps. Any ideas for compatible fans? Thanks
deleted211766102/06/2020 11:04

Any recommendations for a cheap compatible fan? its my Dad's PC and he misses checking his junk mail!! Lol
emodan02/06/2020 11:12

Replacing the fan is dangerous as the psu will hold a charge even when off …Replacing the fan is dangerous as the psu will hold a charge even when off for days so one false move and you'll fry yourself

Kevlar.Engineer:

Thanks for info.

Unit is grounded and fully discharged the caps.

It is a 2 pin fan connector.

Any recommendations for a cheap compatible fan? its my Dad's PC and he misses checking his junk mail!! Lol

Thanks in advance.
mas9902/06/2020 11:23

Also PSU's can give a nasty/dangerous electric shock even when unplugged. …Also PSU's can give a nasty/dangerous electric shock even when unplugged. Some big capacitors in them. (I know, bleed resistors etc)

Kevlar.Engineer:

Thanks for info.

Unit is grounded and fully discharged the caps.

It is a 2 pin fan connector.

Thanks in advance.
Kevlar.Engineer02/06/2020 12:21

Kevlar.Engineer:Thanks for info. Unit is grounded and fully discharged the …Kevlar.Engineer:Thanks for info. Unit is grounded and fully discharged the caps. It is a 2 pin fan connector. Any recommendations for a cheap compatible fan? its my Dad's PC and he misses checking his junk mail!! LolThanks in advance.

Loads on ebay/amazon. eg ebay.co.uk/itm…o~X

Look for the size (standard 120x25mm) 12v brushless 2 pin then just check the description to check the power (about 6W) and air flow 93 cubic feet/min. Speed is pretty irrelevant, its airflow that matters.

But is it worth bothering when a decent 600w PSU is around £25?
Edited by: "mas99" 2nd Jun
mas9902/06/2020 12:36

Loads on ebay/amazon. eg …Loads on ebay/amazon. eg https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-DC-120mm-X-25mm-2-Pin-Cooling-Fan-LED-Heatsink-PC-CPU/353073396031?hash=item5234d0793f:g:RKQAAOSwnSBeto~XLook for the size (standard 120x25mm) 12v brushless 2 pin then just check the description to check the power (about 6W) and air flow 93 cubic feet/min. Speed is pretty irrelevant, its airflow that matters.But is it worth bothering when a decent 600w PSU is around £25?

don't be so un-green, I would not hesitate to replace fan in a working psu probably less than £5, what baffles me is he knows to discharge caps but not where to buy a 12v fan

couple of options
uk
ebay.co.uk/itm…c10

china
aliexpress.com/ite…03_
Edited by: "maddogb" 2nd Jun
Post a comment
@
    Text