Pc restarting

Found 4th Apr
Hi guys, my pc randomly restarts. it could go for hours as normal but could go 20mins and restart.
is there a program I can instal that would tell me what went wrong - either hardware or software crash? thanks
Community Updates
AskElectronicsPC
14 Comments
Hardware + drivers normally blue screens. I've got a similar issue with mine just randomly locking up solid since the creator pack, sometimes GPU black screens but I believe in both cases it to be driver related. Windows doesn't always leave information but looking at the admin logs sometimes gives information.
kester768 m ago

Hardware + drivers normally blue screens. I've got a similar issue with …Hardware + drivers normally blue screens. I've got a similar issue with mine just randomly locking up solid since the creator pack, sometimes GPU black screens but I believe in both cases it to be driver related. Windows doesn't always leave information but looking at the admin logs sometimes gives information.

Thanks kester. Are the admin logs easy to find or they hidden away?
richje1002 m ago

Thanks kester. Are the admin logs easy to find or they hidden away?

It's ok found out how to find it. Thanks for pointing in this direction
Try disabling the restart on error option, this would show you the blue screen error which may help..

Assuming windows 10..

tenforums.com/tut…tml
Right click on my computer
Properties
Advanced system properties
Start up and recovery settings
Under system failure remove the tick from auto restart.

Next time the system shuts down it will leave the stop code on screen allowing to find the issue.

If it's not a stop code it could well be over heating
When did this start to happen? I would do a system restore to a previous time when it didn't happen click.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 4th Apr
Do you have Corsair software installed? I had an issue with it doing random reboots.
As soon as it was uninstalled all good.

It could be something similar.
Try a good old clean out, might do the trick
Great help guys thank you. I'll take a look tomorrow and get back
My iMac has been doing this too, when switched off it turns itself on after a while. Apparently a faulty power button or changes in electrical supply causing it to turn off (all other options like automatic startup and power saving options were identified not to be the issue, worth checking your programs don't have ability to restart the comp) Bit annoying as I wanted to sell the machine!
When I worked in I.T support most of the time this was due to a dodgy graphics card.
Overclocking can cause random resets. Try default settings on bios.
MonkeysUncle19 m ago

Overclocking can cause random resets. Try default settings on bios.

It's not overcooked mate. I was going to look at that but as still in warranty didn't want to mess about.
you said it shuts down after different length of time is it when the pc is under load, if so its overheating.

if its still under warranty anyway just return it...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants