Groups

PC running applications, anyone know this one

Hi

Cannot seem to figure out what
    qikyg.exe is, using 28,000

10 Comments

The fact that google brings up no results would worry me. Have you run a full antivirus scan recently? I would also get Malwarebytes and run a full scan with that. If it's still there after, try disabling it in msconfig and see what happens.

ChipSticks;5267088

The fact that google brings up no results would worry me.

+1, [SIZE="4"]very [/SIZE]worrying. Get Spybot and AdAware running sharpish.

Original Poster

I am on Virgin Cable ...
    Doesn't the PC guard work ??

Associated Malware Groups
    The filename is associated with the malware group:

Adware
    File Behavior
    QIKYG.EXE has been seen to perform the following behavior:

The Process is packed and/or encrypted using a software packing process
    QIKYG.EXE has been the subject of the following behavior:

Added as a Registry auto start to load Program on Boot up
    Country Of Origin
    The filename QIKYG.EXE was first seen on Apr 30 2009 in the following geographical region of the Prevx community:
    Filesizes
    This file has been seen with the following file size:

311,296 bytes Vendor, Product and Version Information
    A file with the name QIKYG.EXE have been seen to have the following Vendor, Product and Version Information in the file header:

m'écrierais; étamer; 3, 5, 0, 7
    File Type
    The filename QIKYG.EXE refers to an executable program.

Original Poster

Is that Bad ??

miarcerts;5267166

Is that Bad ??

YES !

Original Poster

Okay ... I am installing and running Adaware free version ...

Will this find it / fix it ??

miarcerts;5267211

Okay ... I am installing and running Adaware free version ...Will this … Okay ... I am installing and running Adaware free version ...Will this find it / fix it ??

Hopefully.

Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware are the way to go though IMO

Original Poster

Ran Adaware and it located cookie stuff but not the qikyg.exe

As chipsticks suggested tried malwarebytes and it found and stopped it.

the mbam.exe file though is using 30,000 memory, but at least its a good memory user.

Thanks all for your help

kyalion;5267149

Associated Malware GroupsThe filename is associated with the malware … Associated Malware GroupsThe filename is associated with the malware group:Adware File BehaviorQIKYG.EXE has been seen to perform the following behavior:The Process is packed and/or encrypted using a software packing process QIKYG.EXE has been the subject of the following behavior:Added as a Registry auto start to load Program on Boot up Country Of OriginThe filename QIKYG.EXE was first seen on Apr 30 2009 in the following geographical region of the Prevx community:FilesizesThis file has been seen with the following file size:311,296 bytes Vendor, Product and Version InformationA file with the name QIKYG.EXE have been seen to have the following Vendor, Product and Version Information in the file header:m'écrierais; étamer; 3, 5, 0, 7 File TypeThe filename QIKYG.EXE refers to an executable program.

don't rely too much on prevx definitions, pick any windows dll to google and it will come up with a virus think its more scare tactics tbh
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Anyone got experience with an instant water heater for a shower?11
      2. Any advice on mobile networks.56
      3. Marvel characters610
      4. Which Kodi Add-ons?1718

See more discussions