Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

PC Screen Recording Software

Posted 14th Aug 2020
When I power up/reboot my desktop PC, when I get to my Windows 10 destop, an application dialogue box very quickly flashes up and then disappears.

It's too fast to determine what app it is so wondered if there is some software which will record this event so I can playback at a slower speed.

If so, any recommendations?

Looking at Task Manager for running apps suggests it may be Malware Bytes but I would like to make sure.

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Use msconfig and select the startup tab.
If its running at start up it should be there.
If however you need screen recording software, thats a different story

Or simply record it with your mobile phone and do frame by frame
Edited by: "lollypoplee" 14th Aug
Appreciate the replies - the mobile phone trick worked.

Many moons ago used to work in IT and this kind of stuff was second nature to me but, over time, have lost that knowledge due to age and lack of interest in it.

Anyway, it was Skype so will either uninstall or disable it at startup.
(I think it must have been installed during a recent MS update of their Edge browser).
Put a bit of tape over the webcam just to be sure mate, always advisable especially if you have children in the house
lollypoplee14/08/2020 12:26

Put a bit of tape over the webcam just to be sure mate, always advisable …Put a bit of tape over the webcam just to be sure mate, always advisable especially if you have children in the house

No webcam so all good there.
Uninstall Skype app that comes with windows. Then install it from their website. Then go Settings/General/Automatically start Skype (disable).
Post a comment
@
    Text